Do you spin?

View attachment 21382

Northam Saint, your Begleri dice look interesting! How did you make them? Completely new to this fidgeting toy business and they look like fun! Save me from flicking (and constantly dropping) pens!

Dead easy to make. The dice came from eBay £3 for twenty. I took the drill to them and drilled LOL the way through. Cut a length of 550 Paracod, thread through the holes and a single knot in each end. I cut the ends down and gently unravelled the cord up to the knot.

I should really go into production LOL !!![/QUOTE]
They look really well done for so little outlay! I'm impressed! Do they have a decent weight to them?

Yip, I spin using ForeverSpin.

I bought the Titanium one and the Stainless Steel Mirror one as well as the spining base.

Hypnotic to say the least, and soothing after a stressful day, also good for creativity.

Spinning on the base
View attachment 21389
That's nice Paul! Not sure id get into the spinning tops as would like it to be in my hand but I still think they are very cool indeed.

They are simply quite remarkable. Spin for ages on any surface. The base is stainless steel and black glass. However after spinning a couple of times I notices the glass got marked and scratched when it came to the end of the cycle.

Spoke to ForeverSpin and a new one was sent gratis.

A guy on YouTube attached his to a dremmel and got a spin for 8minutes!

Got my bot one which is bulbous and a stem similar to a mushroom. It's spins that fast that the centrifugal force flips it onto the stem.

I have one of these cheap Chinese ones, get around 3minutes spin on a glass surface.
aad154a5fdc9761279ebce2fa0f686c2.jpg

They are simply quite remarkable. Spin for ages on any surface. The base is stainless steel and black glass. However after spinning a couple of times I notices the glass got marked and scratched when it came to the end of the cycle.

Spoke to ForeverSpin and a new one was sent gratis.

A guy on YouTube attached his to a dremmel and got a spin for 8minutes!

Got my bot one which is bulbous and a stem similar to a mushroom. It's spins that fast that the centrifugal force flips it onto the stem.
That's great service!

They both sound like fun, just think I'd get a little bored spinning a top, whereas the hand spinners is something to constantly play with I guess. I really hope I like it! Now have some Begleri on the way as well thanks to @Northam Saint

Lol, you will end up skint!

I thought the same, but find it very therapeutic, especially when it goes silent and just spins, you think for a moment is it still spinning.......

And it is.

Hope you enjoy yours, send a pic or maybe a video ☺️

Lol, you will end up skint!

I thought the same, but find it very therapeutic, especially when it goes silent and just spins, you think for a moment is it still spinning.......

And it is.

Hope you enjoy yours, send a pic or maybe a video ☺️
Sounds a bit like the pendulum balls, forget what they are called but the ones where there 5/6/7 steel balls hanging and you lift and drop the end one and the other end one shoots up and back down again. Quite hypnotic I guess!

Anybody that Wants to De Stress & Spin then Tai Ji Quan (Loose Boxing) or Supreme Ultimate Fist is a Study of the Natural Spirals & Circles of the Universe..They are Internal & Cant be Seen..Oh..Yeah..This is Me..With a Stinking Hangover that Day an All from a Wedding the Night before..:eek:

I Am the Toy..:D

Billy

Anybody that Wants to De Stress & Spin then Tai Ji Quan (Loose Boxing) or Supreme Ultimate Fist is a Study of the Natural Spirals & Circles of the Universe..They are Internal & Cant be Seen..Oh..Yeah..This is Me..With a Stinking Hangover that Day an All from a Wedding the Night before..:eek:

I Am the Toy..:D

Billy
Is that actually you?!?! :eek::eek: did you know you were being filmed? Lol

That's great service!

They both sound like fun, just think I'd get a little bored spinning a top, whereas the hand spinners is something to constantly play with I guess. I really hope I like it! Now have some Begleri on the way as well thanks to @Northam Saint

Psst...I found a vendor that makes really beautiful stainless steel, copper and brass spinner by hand.
To quote him "I want to make them for people that find it ridiculous to spend $200 on a metal hand spinner"
He is making them for $40-65 depending on size, etc. ;)

Ok, it's apparent that my Paypal account needs to be taken away from me...

FidgetCraft JUST now dropped another batch of their spinners...and I picked up a black one with the more expensive ceramic bearings...sigh.
With shipping it came out to $28

This one - that shows the ceramic bearing spinning as well.

Quite the difference to the steel bearing one.

The way I rationalized it (bear with me) was that I keep 'twirling' my iPhone in my hand as I walk...if I can spin this instead as I walk I might save myself from dropping an expensive phone :)

...your purchase maybe of further benefit...actors will often spin a key or the likes in their hand as they walk, as it can subconsciously facilitate more graceful movement. Sean Connery was a proponent of this, learnt from, if I recall correctly and I may not - a Japanese choreographer. :)

Back
Top Bottom