Do you spin?

Noticed he also added the new 6 or 8 sided mini spinners (starting at $10)
In this one the cermaic ball bearing really seems to make a difference...
il_570xN.932371868_mgsz.jpg

Spins like this:

my girlfriends son is autistic and these would be right up his street, he has a thing about motion in front of his face to help him deal with stress. got my eyes on a few on ebay.

Don't know if this is any interest to you or if it could help. I appreciate they aren't spinning but they are supposed to be fidget toys.

I made these, ever so simple to make and cheap too. It's basically a small length of Paracord and dice with a hole drilled through. If you think it could be something that would help PM me and I'll pop a couple in the post. I'll make a couple matching so if he lost one you'd have another identical to give him. Just a thought. They are very tactical and as soon as you pick one up you automatically start fiddling.

55380dc0c939f0353f77f66d05ae5bbb.jpg

Don't know if this is any interest to you or if it could help. I appreciate they aren't spinning but they are supposed to be fidget toys.

I made these, ever so simple to make and cheap too. It's basically a small length of Paracord and dice with a hole drilled through. If you think it could be something that would help PM me and I'll pop a couple in the post. I'll make a couple matching so if he lost one you'd have another identical to give him. Just a thought. They are very tactical and as soon as you pick one up you automatically start fiddling.

55380dc0c939f0353f77f66d05ae5bbb.jpg

Those are really neat.
You might be in a good position to answer the question if all these fidgeting toys - spinning or not - does indeed have the ability to reduce stress/depression/OCD thoughts and/or help with finger dexterity?

Those are really neat.
You might be in a good position to answer the question if all these fidgeting toys - spinning or not - does indeed have the ability to reduce stress/depression/OCD thoughts and/or help with finger dexterity?

Name of them are Begleri they are suppose to be of use as well as a toy. They are also sometimes made with metal ends and the introduction of a little more weight leads to tricks you can do. Just holding one makes you fiddle with it.

They are supposed to be a bit like worry beads.

Those are really neat.

To answer your question and having worked with young people and adults with autism and mental health issues. Well it's all very very different for each individual. Working with paranoid schizophrenic's I noticed they fiddle an awful lot with their fingers. I suppose it's like smokers who struggle to give up sometimes seek something to hold and fiddle with.

Generally once they find something I think I brings a calmness. These are good as they are harmless. If the person say throws it at someone there's nothing too them to hurt anyone.

Couple of minutes work this morning and

f163f9278b43ab39ad3551eec09f1a07.jpg
So because of @Darkbulb this happened;

Well I just ordered this;

£45 all in and I think I've gone insane :D there is a Polarisat FB group with a video of the one I bought, the black one is in this vid below

View:

Picture of the one I got in hand

FB_IMG_1476818431661.jpg

Northam Saint, your Begleri dice look interesting! How did you make them? Completely new to this fidgeting toy business and they look like fun! Save me from flicking (and constantly dropping) pens!

View attachment 21382

Northam Saint, your Begleri dice look interesting! How did you make them? Completely new to this fidgeting toy business and they look like fun! Save me from flicking (and constantly dropping) pens![/QUOTE]

Dead easy to make. The dice came from eBay £3 for twenty. I took the drill to them and drilled LOL the way through. Cut a length of 550 Paracod, thread through the holes and a single knot in each end. I cut the ends down and gently unravelled the cord up to the knot.

I should really go into production LOL !!!

Back
Top Bottom