Do you spin?

It's a thing of beauty isn't it.

One finger spin

View attachment 22421

Oh you bast.... I mean that's fantastic Paul! :)
Really, really nice looking. I like his new tins for packaging. Better than the cardboard ones he used to have.
That for a one-handed spin w/out the bearings being broken - that's quite impressive.
I'm a complete patina-nerd so can't wait to see that one developing some.
Next I'm hoping to see a photo of it at a coffee shop w/ a Hobo next to it and a cigar gently resting in it ;)

Mine, well, is currently still in the UK but should, if the Gods are willing, be arriving here in semi-sunny California on Monday.

So, do you like it?

Oh you bast.... I mean that's fantastic Paul! :)
Really, really nice looking. I like his new tins for packaging. Better than the cardboard ones he used to have.
That for a one-handed spin w/out the bearings being broken - that's quite impressive.
I'm a complete patina-nerd so can't wait to see that one developing some.
Next I'm hoping to see a photo of it at a coffee shop w/ a Hobo next to it and a cigar gently resting in it ;)

Mine, well, is currently still in the UK but should, if the Gods are willing, be arriving here in semi-sunny California on Monday.

So, do you like it?

First of all is the weight. It is heavy, probably the heaviest one he does, followed by the brass. The tins are very light and I was surprised by how light they are. There is practically nothing to them.

Spinning will take a bit of getting used to as I am used to spinning the plastic printed one.

Got another little cheeky thing on order that will be an edition to the EDC, but doesn't arrive till Monday.

Also got some rather nice Kuretake Clean Colour Real Brush Watercolour Brush Pens in preparation for the new year and journalling in the Hobo.

I do like it and now its made me want to get the Rotablade original too. If I do it will be SS with Brass grips, or maybe Ti with brass grips.

Watch this space in the new year!

Made my spinner today using the 2 x Munsen rings, acorn nuts and some epoxy. Washed the bearing out with white spirit first to remove the grease.

Works great, spins for anout 60 secs. I did wonder what all the fuss was about but once you have one in your hand its very addictive to use.

Very cool!
Getting one minute spin time right off the bat with the bearings not broken is pretty darn good - as good as/better than my Cierrebart brass spinner to be honest.

Welcome to the Spinner (Spinster?) club :D
I'm thinking of spraying the bearing with car cockpit polish. It contains silicone so should make it spin like the clappers

Back
Top Bottom