El Jefe SE razor

Like with so many things these days its the online reputation that is derived from forum posts, recounts of conversations/dealings with the company, etc. A lot is surely subjective and maybe even deliberate negative sometimes so one does what one always have to - apply a bit of filter of what you read and try to derive an opinion/impression of your own.
No company is without flaws but some get more negative reports than others.
Things go wrong sometimes, that's the way it is, it's how the problem is delt with that makes the difference, you only have to look at Supply Provisions to see the way problems should be handled. Ok SPs problem was not a huge one but he was upfront regarding it and offered everyone a refund apart from the original backers (kickstarter funding rules) if they wanted it or the option to wait for the second batch.....that's how it should be handled if things go wrong, not to try and hide behind disclaimers, but I'm being a little unfair because we don't know what Ikons response is going to be yet.....time will tell, I sincerely hope he does the right thing.

Last edited:
For various - and similar - reasons I don't post reviews on TSD or DFS anymore.

At the end of the day the El Jefe was a gamble for many of us. The lack of information about the material/manufacturing, the relatively low price, iKons reputation and the site disclaimer all should have really made us run for the hills.
In this particular case it might not have been the most successful gamble but we'll see what the future holds.

Maybe the razor will have some collector value in years to come. "The rare, flawed El Jefe v1. Almost impossible to find these days . BIN $175"

"The rare, flawed El Jefe v1..Almost impossible to find these days . BIN $175"...:D:D

Billy

For various - and similar - reasons I don't post reviews on TSD or DFS anymore.

At the end of the day the El Jefe was a gamble for many of us. The lack of information about the material/manufacturing, the relatively low price, iKons reputation and the site disclaimer all should have really made us run for the hills.
In this particular case it might not have been the most successful gamble but we'll see what the future holds.

Maybe the razor will have some collector value in years to come. "The rare, flawed El Jefe v1. Almost impossible to find these days . BIN $175"
you have given the game away, I was on the process of buying all of the first batch for a song. LOL ;)

stop press!!! I have just received an email from the shave lounge saying yes we will be stocking the EL Jefe SE as soon as it's available from the UK Ikon distributor which I expect will be later this week.

Message recevied at 19.03 today!!!!!! The plot thickens!

Message recevied at 19.03 today!!!!!! The plot thickens!

038c1d32021886a4faaf570b6975eb63.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Things go wrong sometimes, that's the way it is, it's how the problem is delt with that makes the difference, you only have to look at Supply Provisions to see the way problems should be handled. Ok SPs problem was not a huge one but he was upfront regarding it and offered everyone a refund if they wanted it or the option to wait for the second batch.....that's how it should be handled if things go wrong, not to try and hide behind disclaimers, but I'm being a little unfair because we don't know what Ikons response is going to be yet.....time will tell, I sincerely hope he does the right thing.
Just to put the record right reference Supply Provisions , I could not have a refund , my only two option's were to take the initial offering or wait for version two , I took the original version in the end

Just to put the record right reference Supply Provisions , I could not have a refund , my only two option's were to take the initial offering or wait for version two , I took the original version in the end
Yes indeed, I forgot about the original backers who could not be offered the refund for funding reasons I suspect.
Thankyou for reminding me of this fact. I did read all of the post's regarding refunds ect but that had slipped my mind. A peculiarly I believe due to the kickstarter funding. I stand corrected.

Maybe all is not lost.
Got this comment on my Instagram feed from a person that had bought the El Jefe

"I bought it too and sent it back for a refund. The blade rattled and wouldnt align."

When asked if this was a result from a reply over email, he replied:

"yes i did they said the posts were made for easy blade removal which doesnt make sense. They were nice and offered refund if i sent it back with paypal receipt which i did."

Maybe all is not lost.
Got this comment on my Instagram feed from a person that had bought the El Jefe

"I bought it too and sent it back for a refund. The blade rattled and wouldnt align."

When asked if this was a result from a reply over email, he replied:

"yes i did they said the posts were made for easy blade removal which doesnt make sense. They were nice and offered refund if i sent it back with paypal receipt which i did."
Good news, even if they didn't want to play ball you are always covered if you have paid with PayPal, they don't muck about, they will pay you out and get their money from the vendors later if need be. Good old PayPal. :)

Back
Top Bottom