El Jefe SE razor

I had the v1.

I can't think of a single negative thing to say about it. It is a very capable razor and well worth the money.

The only reason I sold it was I can't seem to get one with injector blades. I tried a few different blades in it and got really crap shaves. I cut down a Feather Pro and with base plate 3, got amazing shaves.

As I already have a King Cobra, I couldn't see the point of keeping the SP and cutting the blades down when I can just use them as they are in the KC.

I had the v1.

I can't think of a single negative thing to say about it. It is a very capable razor and well worth the money.

The only reason I sold it was I can't seem to get one with injector blades. I tried a few different blades in it and got really crap shaves. I cut down a Feather Pro and with base plate 3, got amazing shaves.

As I already have a King Cobra, I couldn't see the point of keeping the SP and cutting the blades down when I can just use them as they are in the KC.
Thank you.

I had the v1.

I've mainly heard very good things about it. Like you the person I bought it from didn't get on with injector blades. Anyone who does thoroughly enjoyed using the SP. I'm looking forward to injector week very much put it that way!

Nah, not looking for a new fiddly injector but more of a SE clam style taking the blades slam shut :)
Not sure it's exactly what you are looking for but the Shake Sharp (left) was a really fine single edge razor using double edge blades. Version 2 was a clamshell type.
3739dacb682126de9218bf9c1261aa32.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Are you going to purchase one of these pre sale heads?

I kinda don't think so... For whatever reason I am not too excited about this one.
a) Aluminum is normally not my favorite metal when it comes to razor heads,
b) It doesn't, to my simple eyes, seem to bring anything new (looks or design) to what I already have, and
c) I like it when a razor is being sold as a 'complete' razor with a handle especially made for it (which is why I was a bit disappointed in the recent Rocnel DE-P for instance).

I wouldn't say never..but this is one that I'll be reading reviews of to see how it is..and then make up my mind :)
I had similar feelings when the ATT SE1 and Executive Shaving's Claymore came out.

I kinda don't think so... For whatever reason I am not too excited about this one.
a) Aluminum is normally not my favorite metal when it comes to razor heads,
b) It doesn't, to my simple eyes, seem to bring anything new (looks or design) to what I already have, and
c) I like it when a razor is being sold as a 'complete' razor with a handle especially made for it (which is why I was a bit disappointed in the recent Rocnel DE-P for instance).

I wouldn't say never..but this is one that I'll be reading reviews of to see how it is..and then make up my mind :)
I had similar feelings when the ATT SE1 and Executive Shaving's Claymore came out.
Yes, I quite understand where you are coming from as far as material is concerned and if you have (of course you do) simalar razors in stainless it's not going to rock your world, I would probably feel the same but this will be my first SE razor and to be truthful I don't know if I'm going to get on with the width of the head/ blade and because of this the price it is being sold at makes it attractive to me. I have a fat stainless handle I can use so this will be a cost effective way of trying one of these types of razors. Who knows, if I really like it I may well fork out a chunk of cash on the ATT SE or dare I say the RX. :)

I too was skeptical about aluminum heads until I got the Ikon X3 and realized that machined aluminum heads have come a long way. I usually swap out handles on my razors anyway and so getting a head only is not a problem for me. Besides, this is the last of my long wait razors with the RX being over three years, the Hawk almost two years, and the El Jefe over 6 months. After that my Feather SE razor purchases are done (unless ATT comes out with an AL SE1 and SE2).

I will likely buy one at some point, but no way will I join in on the hype fest/wait by the keyboard/agonizing to buy an aluminum razor from a dude who acts as if he barely cares if his customers live or die.

Just sayin.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't know anything about this....is there a problem with customer service? I was thinking about buying one of these. Thanks.

I wouldn't be afraid to buy one if I were you. IMO his products are above average, sell at a pretty fair price, and the Shavecraft line has sort of opened a lot of doors in the mid-range price market.

Without turning this into a flame out thread, let's just say Ikon doesn't have a reputation on US forums for being the "friendliest" company, or for having great communication.

It isn't anything that would keep me from buying their products, and I have recommended them to others, I am just not any more excited to buy from him than he is to sell to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I concur with PickledNorthern,
I bought the slant from Connaught in the U.K and although a blemished discounted one, I admire the finish and the performance, also the thought that went into it. I would not hesitate to buy any Ikon product and I have instructed Connought to let me know the moment the El-Jefe is in stock. I know it's going to be a great shaver.
Ikon is not the easiest company to get in touch with and their FB page is full of customer questions which some of them are answered every 2 weeks or so.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom