Forum Software & Tapatalk integration upgraded

mattyb240 said:
rum said:
Hmmm.... as far as I know I have the latest - there are no outstanding updates showing in the 'app store' application so I presume I am up to date....

It's worth just removing the app and downloading it fresh and re inputting your data. Also make sure you have it set up in notification centre.

Thanks for that, Matty. I might just try that.

When you quoted my message I got the notification for it and the issue re-ocurred. I have a screen grab of the error message and will upload it to this thread in a bit. Or when it lets me... :)

hunnymonster said:
There's a new version of the plugin due in the next few days according to Tapatalk. I'll take the timing with a pinch of salt, but it'll be on here as soon as my new best friend in India wrecks his forum in testing it :)

Appreciate that, hunnymonster!! It could be a coincidence, who knows.... :D

Finally I managed to get on from Tapatalk. Here's the error message as a screen shot. [attachment=6987]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365536947.555984.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365536947.555984.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 40
hunnymonster said:
Could it be the ineffectual network-level Adult Filter on Vodafone? (and indeed all mobile networks) that they are legally obliged to turn it on until such time as you ask them to turn it off (and prove your age)...

I occasional get this message when up loading photos or occasionally accessing the forum. Definately not consistent though.

hunnymonster said:
Could it be the ineffectual network-level Adult Filter on Vodafone? (and indeed all mobile networks) that they are legally obliged to turn it on until such time as you ask them to turn it off (and prove your age)...

Hmmm.... I only just recently moved to vodafone hunnymonster. I definitely have the restriction there, so I wonder if removing it will do the trick.

Thanks for suggesting this. I'm going to try it and let you all know.

If you are seeing the error when you use your home wifi then it isn't the content filter. It will only be in place when you use the vodafone data network to access. Definitely worth testing though.

Boab said:
If you are seeing the error when you use your home wifi then it isn't the content filter. It will only be in place when you use the vodafone data network to access. Definitely worth testing though.

Ah, thanks Boab. Didn't think of that and I think it was doing this when I was on WiFi as well. Anyway, I've just asked to remove the restriction so we'll see. If it doesn't work, let's reset the whole app and start all over again!! :s

Well I had only one notification come through today and it seems that it worked. Connected to the cellular network (not WiFi) and my content control restriction removal was put through yesterday. Coincidence? Hmmmm.....

Time will tell when more such notifications come through...

I see one annoying niggle - users of the Android HD (Tablet) edition might see 2 blank posts at the top of every page of every topic... on the plus side the duplicated topics at the top of page x & bottom of page (x-1) are gone :)

Seems to work 100% on regular Tapatalk for Android and Tapatalk HD (phone) beta 1 though.... hmmmm

On the regular non-hd Tapatalk, Android, the duplicate posts issue continues - yours stating that the plugin has been updated is one such for me, in fact.

Just to add to the joy: this morning I'm on my tablet instead and it's fine. (Still on the regular version, I'm not fond of the hd).

So glad I got out of software :).

Back
Top Bottom