Votes: 20 26.3%
  • 100-500

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • 500-2000

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Above 2000

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters
I have very few now. Bought a few trial packs, had a few PIFS and settled on Gillette yellow and greens, which I need to buy and PIFed the rest out again.
So a result of that is I have about a dozen left.
Do I win a prize for having the least?

Israeli Personna reds - 50
Gillette 7 O'clock yellow - 12
Feather - 30
Gillette 7 O'clock green - 30
Treet - 5
Wilkinson Sword Classic - 20
Gillette '365' - 13
Personna (ASDA) - 20
Superdrug/Dorco 301 - 10
Gillette 'Wilkinson Sword' saloon - 10
Derby - 20
Timor - 30

and about 10 blades of various brands leftover.

I've got about:

200 7 o'clock Greens
50 7 o'clock Yellows
50 Superthins
100 Polsilvers
100 Bolzano Superinox
100 Astra Platinums
100 odds n'sods

And there I was feeling guilty about over-accumulation!

Got 600+ after just stocking up on 7 o'clock greens and yellows. Am now trying out soaps and after shave lotions and potions to find my favourites.

I have just taken delivery of 120 Gillette super thins today. I have got another 100 or so of various types. I have a slow growing beard and so I only shave around 3 times a week, therefore each blade lasts me 10 or 11 days, so at this rate I have enough for over 6 years of shaving. That should be enough, but somehow I doubt it!

Johnus said:
If you know, then you don't have enough!:)-)

Ain't that the truth,

I believe it means I have quite enough, Not that I'd stop buying certain ones no longer made if I saw em at a good price.......sheesh.

My Secret Santa included 10,000 Derby blades in his goody bag, so we can start with those. Yep, those lovely premium Turkish steel blades all together weigh a comforting nine pounds! I believe there's still a few left in the arsenal.

Reckon something in the region of 1000, and will be buying upwards of a few thousand more over the next year.

I go through about 200 a year i reckon as i shave morning and night most days.

Over a 1000 DE blades: 300 Astra SP, 100 Vokshod, 100 Personna Lab, Wilkies, Supermax, Bolzano, Gillette (various), etc.

60 GEM SE blades

Around 50 injector SE blades by Schick, Personna, Pal, Personna 74

50 or so Personna long SE blades for Weck hair shaper (straight)

50 or so Vintage SE and DE blades along with Wender blades.

Roughly under 5K;

1000 Personnas
1000 Bleues
1000 Supper Thins
300 Bics
200 Nacets (NOS)
200 7am Yellows
200 Polsilvers
200 Iridiums
100 Astra Keramik
100 Astra Super Platinum
500 Other assorted (Feathers, Supermax, Green 7am, Wilkies and others)

At one point I had close to 15000 but with ni intention of using them. I bought two boxes of Blueues (8000) from Rareup on the bay when they were normal prices and also a couple of thousand Swedes as commodities for trades. I knew both of these were just discontinued at the time and bought a load which ware used for trading and to get my hands on other rare items I wanted (like Pens EF old formula and a Rooney Finest in horn).

When tSwedes and Bleues stopped these blades were better than currency. No one wanted money offers but if you cold given them something rare that they cold then use as bait to trade it seemed to work better and cheaper.

I still have 200 Jewels but i don't count then as blades :icon_razz: sorry Steve couldn't resist.....

Back
Top Bottom