• Above 2000

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters
Just had a quick count up and I have

120 Personnas
100 Astras
90 Superthins
40 Feathers

Should keep me going for a little while yet...

30 Derby
10 Feather
5 Wilkinson Sword
4 Astra platinums

Considering I usually go for 3 shaves per blade, I've enough to last me until December. Yet, after only a couple of days reading this forum, I'm already tempted to buy a sample pack of a load of different blades.

I have had the urge over the last few weeks to get all my blades together in one place and take photos to post on here. I am not usually an ostentatious type but I am strangely proud of my collection. I'm more into blades than razors (started off with blades, then got into razors - overwhelmingly vintage Gillettes - now have thinned the razor stash down slightly - now back into blades again but this time the vintage variety). I think actually posting them might be a bit sad though, even on a shaving forum (no offence intended - quite the opposite in fact!)

If I do do a photo or a series of photos it would take me ages to get each pack or individual blade together from their various hiding places, and inevitably I would forget some. It would take ages to put them away and ages to arrange too. Perhaps the "52 Card Pick-Up" approach is the best way to display them. My dad once held a pack of playing cards in front of him, gesturing towards me when I was about 7 or 8, and said "Do you want to play 52 card pick-up?" Instead of asking what it was I just said "yes". He then dropped the pack of cards and they cascaded over the living room carpet. "52 cards - now pick them up!" he said.

NotTheStig said:
I have had the urge over the last few weeks to get all my blades together in one place and take photos to post on here. I am not usually an ostentatious type but I am strangely proud of my collection.

If I do do a photo or a series of photos it would take me ages to get each pack or individual blade together from their various hiding places, and inevitably I would forget some. It would take ages to put them away and ages to arrange too.

Aw hell NTS, don't go all lazy on us here.

If you got a nice stash of blades (16 years worth I think you said), then show em off! I kinda like the idea of seeing lots of vintage blades in one pic, No hurry putting the group picture together, but it might be interesting to see how far down that rabbit hole you've fallen (so far).

I mean jeeez, where else could you post a picture like that and not be though of as....disturbingly enthusiastic. If you got em, flaunt em (said in my best Max Bialystock voice).

Dodgy

I have still 13 packages off Astra and one package off Derby and some Chinese personna and I ordered 100 shark blades, so I got stock for about 4 year soon, but right now its under 100.

I replace the blade after 5 shaves, so that explains why I estimate to have stock for 4 years.

dodgy said:
NotTheStig said:
I have had the urge over the last few weeks to get all my blades together in one place and take photos to post on here. I am not usually an ostentatious type but I am strangely proud of my collection.

If I do do a photo or a series of photos it would take me ages to get each pack or individual blade together from their various hiding places, and inevitably I would forget some. It would take ages to put them away and ages to arrange too.

Aw hell NTS, don't go all lazy on us here.

If you got a nice stash of blades (16 years worth I think you said), then show em off! I kinda like the idea of seeing lots of vintage blades in one pic, No hurry putting the group picture together, but it might be interesting to see how far down that rabbit hole you've fallen (so far).

I mean jeeez, where else could you post a picture like that and not be though of as....disturbingly enthusiastic. If you got em, flaunt em (said in my best Max Bialystock voice).

Dodgy
Ok, well just for you Martin, here's my stock (in case of nuclear disaster or zombie invasion of course. If that happens I hope we still get clean hot water!)

First, the establishing shot (with background mess removed):
TheStash.jpg

Now the detail:
IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0473.jpg

IMAG0472.jpg

IMAG0471.jpg

IMAG0469.jpg

IMAG0468.jpg

IMAG0467.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

IMAG0461.jpg

IMAG0460.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

IMAG0458.jpg

I'm afraid I wasn't about to lay out the loose or partial cartons or empty all the drawers. Took me a good half hour to get these shots together :-D

There's some more stashed away which I forgot about - 100 more 7 o'clock green Super Stainless, 8 Personna Medical Prep blades and three or four more vintage blades (mostly Wilkinson Sword).

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the pics. Next time I get the urge to buy more blades I'll just dig out this post and then look at my bank balance. That ought to do it.

Nice stash NTS,

I spy some lovely old beauties in there, Schick, Wilkies and a few Swedes if I'm not mistaken, no doubt for special occasions and a healthy supply of everyday blades.

Always makes chosing a blade fun, when you've got that many to pick from.

Back
Top Bottom