Votes: 20 26.3%
  • 100-500

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • 500-2000

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Above 2000

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters
I've never been able to hoard blades, mainly because my tastes change. I like experimenting and finding bargains so I'd much rather wait to see what else I can find that use one blade.

NotTheStig said:
I have had the urge over the last few weeks to get all my blades together in one place and take photos to post on here.
Ok, here's my stock (in case of nuclear disaster or zombie invasion of course. If that happens I hope we still get clean hot water!)

I'm afraid I wasn't about to lay out the loose or partial cartons or empty all the drawers. Took me a good half hour to get these shots together :-D

There's some more stashed away which I forgot about - 100 more 7 o'clock green Super Stainless, 8 Personna Medical Prep blades and three or four more vintage blades (mostly Wilkinson Sword).

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the pics. Next time I get the urge to buy more blades I'll just dig out this post and then look at my bank balance. That ought to do it.

Nice pics NTS!

You must be so satisfied and confident, knowing you have 16 years worth of blades to draw on. Yep, you're all set now.......

There were lots of blades I recognized, and lots more that I didn't. It helped that you grouped em as you did. You got this 'hobby' down pretty good when it comes to blades. Yeah, you know you can't have too many good blades.......heh. Oh wait, I mean you can always buy more if you need em. I forgot you already have waaaay more than most people. Always good to plan in advance though.

Thanks for posting those lovely and personal family pictures.

Martin

NotTheStig said:
Yes indeed. I generally don't buy the new ones these days.

Now that made me smile,

It's the 'generally' thingy I liked. I'm guessing the main exception would be the old blades that you love. There might be others though........

Someone who didn't know you, might read what you typed and figured you had enough.

Martin

Glad you enjoyed the photos. I'm surprised there are some you don't recognise.
I wouldn't want to give the impression I had enough. What does enough actually mean? Enough to get a shave done? I only need 1. Enough to last me the rest of my life? Probably almost there. You see it's such uncertain and nebulous concepts that keep the disorder going. I'm afraid 16 years falls slightly short; I have approximately 3,500 blades and get 3 shaves on average per blade, so it's nearer to 30 years.

Great vintage blades like the gillette bleue extra, English Wilkinsona and the schick krona are always on my shopping list but few bargains on ebay. Worth checking from time to time though - my last acquisition is the box in the photos which also included a couple of silver Schick dispensers I moved into my high quality plastic drawers. I think someone suggested stocking up on future classics in case they become discontinued. Now there's an idea...

Speaking of old Schick blades, take a look at this. Don't know the idea behind it but quite like it!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-WACKY-PACKAGES-SCHTICK-RAZOR-BLADE-SHICK-STICKER-CARD-/390377068096

NotTheStig said:
Glad you enjoyed the photos. I'm surprised there are some you don't recognise.

Speaking of old Schick blades, take a look at this. Don't know the idea behind it but quite like it!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-WACKY-PACKAGES-SCHTICK-RAZOR-BLADE-SHICK-STICKER-CARD-/390377068096

If I hadda guess, that mighta come from something Cracked (magazine meant to compete with Mad) woulda done years ago. Of course they were around back then.....hmmm.

Yeah, the artwork has that rough edge look to it, when compared to the more polished Mad pics. Colors are more 'Cracked like' too.

I set a snipe bid for $80........wish me luck. The hell with BIN......I wanna bid on this thing! Nothing wrong with that is there?

Back
Top Bottom