Lidl Aftershave

Supermarket food shop talk makes me hungry. I've had Ayrshire hams but never tried Debenham's. (I'm going, I'm going...)

'Ayreshire'... I'm trying, I'm trying. Thinking really hard but it's not coming to me. Gairdner - If I don't get the gag do you price match and double the difference with another? ;)

No MagicEvie, its not that...

If you say it slowly aryes, ayrse, arse hire. There that's it!

And
images
images

for the price of
images

to you, my friend!

If all it does is smell like Hugo Boss (I'm not a fan anyway) for 30 minutes then fade is it really a bargain? Is it not just the same as painting a horse's teeth white? Sure if it lasted and was the scent you were after then you'd be daft not to.

Bought this Saturday. Used the Hugo Boss Sunday, X-Bolt today for a comparison. X-Bolt lasted as long and in my wife's (and mine, as if that mattered!) opinion the X-Bolt a clear winner. By a fair margin!!

Ooh, it lasted as long - that's an important thing. Do they do any other scents? Is it an aftershave or a cologne? And were you testing Boss aftershave vs X=Bolt aftershave, or cologne vs cologne?

Edit : While I'm at it. WATP. :)

Halk said:
Ooh, it lasted as long - that's an important thing. Do they do any other scents? Is it an aftershave or a cologne? And were you testing Boss aftershave vs X=Bolt aftershave, or cologne vs cologne?

Edit : While I'm at it. WATP. :)

We are indeed.....Pedrooooooo! This is your cue generally.

Halk both are EDT. Sprayed today at 1300 prior to going out, scent is still strong. Much prefer it to the HB, but hey! We are all different. My favourite smellies are L'occitane and for evenings / going out Aqua de Parma. I have Colonia and Colonia Intensa. This stuff is is not far behind in my opinion.
Will be buying more tomorrow. Manager in Lidl says it's selling like hot cakes.

PS
Believe X-bolt is only available as EDT.

I'm tempted after your findings, Teddy Bear. Got a local Lidl too. Hmm, if I stick it in an old blue apothecary bottle which I happen to have, no bugger would no where it came from and if its better the HB so much the better. Know nowt about scents apart from what my nose likes and what it doesn't. Grand, cheers.

The (sympathetic and Rangers following) Jam Tart

Well... remember that you need to like the smell. It may well be a bargain... but if you don't like it...

This may very well inspire Lidl to produce a whole range of knock off scents.

Gairdner said:
I'm tempted after your findings, Teddy Bear. Got a local Lidl too. Hmm, if I stick it in an old blue apothecary bottle which I happen to have, no bugger would no where it came from and if its better the HB so much the better. Know nowt about scents apart from what my nose likes and what it doesn't. Grand, cheers.

The (sympathetic and Rangers following) Jam Tart

Cheers. I do believe that perfumes, be they for men or women are a big rip off. We pay for the packaging and the marketing. In saying that, I'm a bigger sucker than most when it comes to it. My wife's Birthday shortly. ADP Magnolia coming her way. Even if she preferred the Lidl scents I wouldn't buy it for her!

Back
Top Bottom