L'occitane Plisson brush £35

cheesepiece said:
I would not be at all happy. I think you have been unlucky.

I think so too, but it's better than the previous brush, and I don't really mind the logo actually (which is poorely made IMHO anyway). The QC in L'Occitane UK must be pretty loose.

Edit: I've just sent an email to L'Occitane customer service, just to complain...

Anyone still on the fence with this use code 15VIP to get 15% off taking it down to £29.75. (It does say the 15% off ends today)

Also anyone with a Quidco account L'occitane do 5% cash back, I know there's a chance it won't track but you've got to be in it to win it as they say.

Finally 2 free Cade aftershave balm samples and free Royal Mail delivery.

Mr_Mac said:
Anyone still on the fence with this use code 15VIP to get 15% off taking it down to £29.75. (It does say the 15% off ends today)

Wish I'd know that a few days ago lol but well worth it for anyone unsure and looking for a good deal.

Good shout Mr Mac.

Force of habit now, always check Quidco & Google the company for promo codes before placing the order. Must have saved a good few quid over the years.

Currently on holiday in Florida. Went to L'Occitane shop in Naples shopping area. The brush was marked $55. The lady seen me looking puzzled. I told her it was available on-line for $30. She scanned the box and up came the lower price. She was a bit embarrassed but stated unless they are told of price changes the original price remains.
Did I buy it? At £20 of course I did!

Re: RE: L'occitane Plisson brush £35

rangers62 said:
Currently on holiday in Florida. Went to L'Occitane shop in Naples shopping area. The brush was marked $55. The lady seen me looking puzzled. I told her it was available on-line for $30. She scanned the box and up came the lower price. She was a bit embarrassed but stated unless they are told of price changes the original price remains.
Nice one! I have been loving using my Plisson, 10 swirls on the proraso green and I get enough for 4 passes, without the soap drying out, then takes 30 mins to dry, quality. Oh and the tips Silvertip eat your heart out!

Nishy said:
rangers62 said:
Nice one! I have been loving using my Plisson, 10 swirls on the proraso green and I get enough for 4 passes, without the soap drying out, then takes 30 mins to dry, quality. Oh and the tips Silvertip eat your heart out!

It look and feels the business. It's going away for Santa via my father-in law, if you catch my drift!

It looks and feels the business. Seriously tempted with getting another. They were selling the Cade Plisson razor for......$85!
Lady scanned that too and offered me it for $50........Em, no thanks lol :icon_razz:

Re: RE: L'occitane Plisson brush £35

rangers62 said:
Nishy said:
rangers62 said:

It look and feels the business. It's going away for Santa via my father-in law, if you catch my drift!

It looks and feels the business. Seriously tempted with getting another. They were selling the Cade Plisson razor for......$85!
Lady scanned that too and offered me it for $50........Em, no thanks lol :icon_razz:
Got you, a nice Xmas present and definitely is the business, never appreciated how much a synthetic could really mimic a Silvertip till I used this.

fly3k said:
My tomtop brush arrived today. The handle is much better than I thought it would be. Haven't lathered it up yet.

Do tell! I've one ordered last week. How long did it take to arrive? What size is the knot? Do the bristles look like the Plisson?

I think it took just under 2 weeks. The bristles look like what I have seen of the plisson online although I haven't seen one in the flesh. It's more of a fan shaped knot. No idea on knot size probably about 22 or 23mm. Performed much like my muhle but splayed easier. I ordered another one so it can't be bad.

Strange thing happened last night. I used my Plisson with no pre soak just a spritz under the tap. It felt slightly rougher and needed water added to it throughout. I was using musgo real cream which isn't an overly thirsty component imo. So when I trust the Plisson like a badger (pre soak for 20 mins in hot water) it feels like a Silvertip but if used from fairly dry it doesn't. Performance is still good either way jus a different feel. However, I was under the impression that a synthetic should feel the same soaked or not soaked, having read this somewhere. Am I wrong as I would imagine anything to be softer after a soak.

As far as I know, you don't need to soak a synthetic fiber brush for a certain time (just load it with water). It won't affect or improve the performance of the brush (or very very little).

Back
Top Bottom