L'occitane Plisson brush £35

TheMonk said:
What I just don't understand are the price differences. It costs $30 USD in the US, 29€ in Spain, and £35 in the UK... Shouldn't it be something like £25? I don't think the guys at L'Occitane are aware of the current exchange rates. :icon_rolleyes:

Rip off Britain?

Because they can get away with it:(

Nishy said:
Hi mouse it's definitely got backbone no need to mash the brush collects soap easily by soft swirling. The tips are super soft and it paints beautifully. Backbone wise, it's very similar to a Simpsons colonel. Not as stiff as a new forest tubby 2 band but not as weak as an EJ super badger.

It releases lather slower than a badger but not by much (hardly worth worrying about), that in my opinion is the only difference. Tips wise think omega Silvertip badger. It's tips are the softest I've felt.

I love the look of the handle. Size wise it's similar to the vulfix 404. No issues for me and I like tubby handles. The coating repels water superbly and the hair dries within an hour.

Thanks Nishy, i've never owned any natural hair brush.

What is the actual diameter at the base of the handle?

I'm just trying to compare the feel against my kent infinity.

I found the backbone to be ok. It's a soft brush for sure.

It creates lather really quick, you need half the amount of product to get a good lather.

Face feel is like rubbing a feather over your face.

As for lather release and flow through, I find it to be fantastic. Better then my badgers.

It's fantastic for the price. Yeah, it's more than other countries but much less than Plisson direct.

Re: RE: L'occitane Plisson brush £35

mouse said:
TheMonk said:
What I just don't understand are the price differences. It costs $30 USD in the US, 29€ in Spain, and £35 in the UK... Shouldn't it be something like £25? I don't think the guys at L'Occitane are aware of the current exchange rates. :icon_rolleyes:

Rip off Britain?

Because they can get away with it:(

Nishy said:
Hi mouse it's definitely got backbone no need to mash the brush collects soap easily by soft swirling. The tips are super soft and it paints beautifully. Backbone wise, it's very similar to a Simpsons colonel. Not as stiff as a new forest tubby 2 band but not as weak as an EJ super badger.

It releases lather slower than a badger but not by much (hardly worth worrying about), that in my opinion is the only difference. Tips wise think omega Silvertip badger. It's tips are the softest I've felt.

I love the look of the handle. Size wise it's similar to the vulfix 404. No issues for me and I like tubby handles. The coating repels water superbly and the hair dries within an hour.

Thanks Nishy, i've never owned any natural hair brush.

What is the actual diameter at the base of the handle?

I'm just trying to compare the feel against my kent infinity.

I'll check it out for you when I get home, I read somewhere that because synthetics don't retain water as well you get less air bubbles when creating a lather thus making it thicker. Don't know to what extent this is true but it certainly creates a thick lather very very quickly.

Thanks Nishy and Dipesh, really appreciated.

Just a heads up, if you ring L'occitane (takes a few tries to get through) and complain about the price, they will ship it to you for free.

They have had a lot of folk ringing in complaining about the price inconsistency across Ireland, Spain and America and are looking into it.

I'm still undecided :(

fly3k said:
As quite a few have ordered this I'm watching to see what people's thoughts are. Seems mixed reviews online? Have they changed the spec at all since it was released?

They may have done; IIRC there are two different handles one with just 'Plisson' written on, the other 'Plisson pour L'Occitane'. Can't find if this is the only change.

Ok I unfortunately and unbelievably don't have a rule at home to get specific measurement but hopefully the following helps.

Brushes involved are:
Wee Scott
Vulfix 404
NF tubby 2
And the Plisson
Apologies picture upload not working if you PM me I can email you them mouse.

Back
Top Bottom