L'occitane Plisson brush £35

Re: RE: L'occitane Plisson brush £35

cheesepiece said:
You got one that says L'Occitane on the handle. I'd much rather pay the 30GBP over 30USD...

I do believe they are £35.00 in the UK.. And you would pay more just to not have L'occitane on the handle...only cost me £17.50.

Mikeyj1973 said:
cheesepiece said:
You got one that says L'Occitane on the handle. I'd much rather pay the 30GBP over 30USD...

I do believe they are £35.00 in the UK.. And you would pay more just to not have L'occitane on the handle...only cost me £17.50.
35GBP vs 30USD... apologies.
I was kidding re paying more for the same thing. I should've added Vinny's strapline to my comment.

Re: RE: L'occitane Plisson brush £35

cheesepiece said:
Mikeyj1973 said:
cheesepiece said:

35GBP vs 30USD... apologies.
I was kidding re paying more for the same thing. I should've added Vinny's strapline to my comment.

Indeed Sir.. I've just used the brush with some Art of Shaving Sandlewood cream.. Lathered up very well no need to soak the brush... brush dries very quick as well.

I asked them about the price difference. Here is their response:

Whilst our products are sold all over the world, as with most international brands, product price will vary in each country. Factors affecting this can include local operating costs, taxes and duties. Our prices will always be competitive with local prices.

Also, it should be noted that when shopping in the United States all prices are shown before tax, as in the US taxes can vary state to state. These costs are then added on at the payment page.

In the UK prices are always inclusive of tax, so there are no surprises when proceeding to checkout.

fly3k said:
I asked them about the price difference. Here is their response:

Whilst our products are sold all over the world, as with most international brands, product price will vary in each country. Factors affecting this can include local operating costs, taxes and duties. Our prices will always be competitive with local prices.

Also, it should be noted that when shopping in the United States all prices are shown before tax, as in the US taxes can vary state to state. These costs are then added on at the payment page.

In the UK prices are always inclusive of tax, so there are no surprises when proceeding to checkout.

The retail price was the double as in France, taxes are not so different from France to UK.

Items are usually 15% or thereabouts more expensive in the UK, with sales tax being 20% and typically around 5% in each US state. Gotta pay for the welfare state somehow!

We all saw the stock went down to nil earlier when this deal was posted here.
Did anyone spot the difference between the old listing and the new?
Previously it was listed as this:
$_12.JPG

And one could count on them delivering this:
$_12.JPG

Now, since the re-stocking, it's shown as this:
P.aspx

The new inventory may well be the L'Occitane-branded Plissons. Obviously there will be some returns of the old stock filtering into whatever new stock they have but I'd say if you were to order now you're likely to receive a brush like that which is pictured.
And I was going to get another...

I've just got an email of confirmation from L'Occitane customer service, stating that they received my brush and they will send a replacement within 2 days. You just have to be patient, I sent the brush back almost 2 weeks ago.

cheesepiece said:
We all saw the stock went down to nil earlier when this deal was posted here.
Did anyone spot the difference between the old listing and the new?
Previously it was listed as this:
$_12.JPG

And one could count on them delivering this:
$_12.JPG

Nice pic of my study there :icon_rolleyes:

Didn't think you'd mind my using your image. You have to look really closely in order to spot the reflection of you (in the shiny brush stand) standing naked with camera in hand taking the photo of your 'goodies'.

cheesepiece said:
Didn't think you'd mind my using your image. You have to look really closely in order to spot the reflection of you (in the shiny brush stand) standing naked with camera in hand taking the photo of your 'goodies'.

That made me check the pic again!

Here is the replacement brush I got. The logo is still slightly scratched, but I'm too weak and to impatient to complain again. IIRC the first brush had only the Plisson logo.

img-2010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom