London 2012

lloydedwards said:
A bit of a test, using my fav pic so far. Jess Ennis with Luke & Carl, our discus throwers, before the opening ceremony.
Azm3_V9CAAEuepT.jpg

love'n'joy
Lloyd

That photo just shows how petite she is.:icon_razz:

It was simply the most magical day of my sporting life. It even surpassed the pleasure of being at the World Cup Final in 1966. So many aspects of the day were a sheer delight to witness. But my abiding memory will be the 60 seconds after the bell during the 5000 metres. Unlike the rest of the crowd, I stood and remained silent and calm and focused my binoculars on the runners, switching frequently to the large screen. The stadium shook with the rising cauldron of sound and just exploded at the finish. A few seconds later I waved my flag, yelled my head off and was given a huge hug by the young woman I'd been chatting to during the evening. I didn't notice what her husband as up to. Unforgettable.

Here are just a few of the pics I took:

DSCN2680.jpg

DSCN2687.jpg

DSCN2730.jpg

DSCN2738.jpg

DSCN2749.jpg

DSCN2755.jpg

DSCN2757-1.jpg

DSCN2767.jpg

DSCN2788.jpg

DSCN2790.jpg

DSCN2818.jpg

DSCN2826-1.jpg

DSCN2833.jpg

And now it's all winding up. For us British fans this has been the most wonderful experience of our sporting lives. It doesn't matter if they are or are not the best Olympics ever. We did it our way and have had a ball.

Back
Top Bottom