London 2012

Yes Richard, seems only the "Olympic tax haven" is doing OK.
It was never designed as a money maker for us, rather a vanity project to spend what we now know to be fools gold. Major economic benefits have already happened (buildings and infrastructure).
Question; Why hasn't Ticketmaster been named and shamed like G4S?
My observation - If you want a medal, give a ticket to Princes William and Harry. Avoid Camoron!

love'n'joy
Lloyd

Poor ol Cancellara.
Wiggo wonderful.
and a medal for Froome too.
AND Cav is doing commentary for the track!
We can still only win when we're sitting down!!!!!!

love'n'joy
Lloyd

Fido said:
soapalchemist said:
I'm impressed by your self restraint Fido.
I'll definitely be watching Analise Murphy in her little boat if I can work out when she's next on.

http://www.london2012.com/sailing/event/laser-radial-women/index.html

Click on race no.

Thanks Peter; looks like she didn't do so well today, fingers crossed a day of rest will perk her up.

Sharing a Lymington coffee shop with an Olympic legend sort of makes you take an interest in how he's doing. Things weren't going so well for Ben Ainslie after 6 of the 10 opening races in the Finn Class. You get a point for each place during the ten races and can discard the worst. Points are doubled for the 11th "medal" race.

Ben was 10 points behind this morning. In two thrilling races he's cut the deficit to three points after the 8th race. It's game on.

The only live coverage is on the red button. The final race is on Sunday. So far Ben has a silver from 1996 then three successive golds. The fourth beckons? Worth following.

What did I say?
Camoron turns up and Varnish/Pendleton are disqualified
- on the same day he announces £400m for ATOS, as opposed to the £68m "saved" by closing REMPLOY. Blatant plutocratic theft.
Come on the real mcHOY!!!

love'n'joy
Lloyd

I saw this, from a former USA swimmer. They don't use indicator chemicals in competition pools, and she was asked if swimmers pee in a race!
"Warmup/practice - totally free reign. As a swimmer, you just have to accept that you're swimming in pee. I had a teammate that would sit on the wall and announce "I'm peeing!" which was ... disgusting ... but at least she warned us. I'm sure I've swum directly behind people who were just letting it all out."
Given the former miniature for sports comments re public school representation, do you think that is why you see divers with flannels? So posh in the bath they pee in the flannel and wring into the sink!!!! LOL

love'n'joy
Lloyd
PS Loved the sprinters honesty- and the youngest of the trio being so quickwitted - though I think we'd call foreigners cheats.

article-2182792-1459DCD6000005DC-457_634x468.jpg

I was was trying to think of a suitable caption. I've given up. But it's a nice photo.

Hiya,

Seems like a good place to post a link. It's related to the various Olympic mascots over the years and the writer's take on each one. Heh, some pretty damn funny pics as well.......this guy cracked me up.

Hope y'all enjoy it,

Martin

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/fivering_circus/2021/07/wenlock+and_mandeville_olympic_mascots_w

Should have been the best day - The two golden world records, lots of other great stuff. Anslie sailing, c%^king the Dane was brilliant.
Then you see they Bore Johnson invites AS GUEST OF HONOUR! HONOUR!!!! Murdoch.
As mayor of London, he is also head of the police force investigating the hacking allegations.
Rich in phosphates and 'good' sugars, no wonder the cyclists are doing so well. We now live in a Banana Republic.
From wiki
"In practice, a banana republic is a country operated as a commercial enterprise for private profit, effected by the collusion between the State and favoured monopolies, whereby the profits derived from private exploitation of public lands is private property, and the debts incurred are public responsibility."
I am so full of admiration for the athletes - especially ones like our unfunded volleyball team, and our wonderful judo bronze, who put out a internet appeal for a working car to get to training cos she couldn't repair her banger. So much integrity being pissed on! IMHO? I don't think it opinion any more.
Still going to be an exiting time.

love'n'joy
Lloyd

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Seems like a good place to post a link. It's related to the various Olympic mascots over the years and the writer's take on each one. Heh, some pretty damn funny pics as well.......this guy cracked me up.

Hope y'all enjoy it,

Martin

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/fivering_circus/2012/07/wenlock_and_mandeville_olympic_mascots_why_are_the_symbols_of_the_london_games_so_incredibly_creepy_.html

Page moved, Martin.

What a week it's been so far.

As you watch the closing stages of a rowing race, can you imagine the intensity of the physical and mental effort involved? What too, must it be like in particular for British rowers as they hit that wall of sound from the stands lining the river bank to the finish.

As for the cyclists, it's mayhem in the Velodrome, everyone is going mad for the astonishing British team.

A full house at the Olympic stadium by 10 am. How do they all get there?! I've got my 5 year old grandsons in training - they have got to have a piece of this action.

And my Ben has got himself back in contention to take gold tomorrow.

And I'm still loving the memory of the crowds lining the approach to Hampton Court Palace to greet Bradley Wiggins.

These are heady days.

I like this article. She's understood the point. True sports fans get sheer delight from seeing one of their own beat the world. We know they do it for themselves but they are also doing it for us, and its good that they should remember and acknowledge that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19118374

Back
Top Bottom