London 2012

Fido said:
dodgy said:
http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/fivering_circus/2012/07/wenlock_and_mandeville_olympic_mascots_why_are_the_symbols_of_the_london_games_so_incredibly_creepy_.html

Page moved, Martin.

[

Thanks for the heads up Peter

For some reason, I can't provide the link to this really funny article. It's in Slate Magazine, and is titled "A grand unified theory of Olympic mascots. Anyone interested could do a search and maybe provide the link to that piece if they enjoyed it. Sheeeeeesh.

chrisbell said:
Is this the article, Martin?

Thanks for trying Chris, and I think it's probably the right article. Heh, sadly it shows the same as my non working links....page moved. I'm thinking there's something blocking it for some reason...who knows.

Did you happen to read it?

Cycling and Jess to come this evening.
No bread, no milk - but I'm not going out!

Funniest thing I've seen;-
" I've been inspired by the Olympics. I sold my bike and bought a bigger telly."
in the Telegraph cartoon - shame it shares a page with Boris' dodgy payout to bent coppers. They removed Zoe Smiths funding at one stage because 'we have to take care with public money" Yeah?

love'n'joy
Lloyd

PS re the mascots article, What about our World Cup Willy?

Oh no, Annalise Murphy has slipped dwon from 1st to 3rd in the rankings. I'll be watching the final medal race in a pub in Killarney, where I'm confidently expecting the atmosphere to be as good as being in the stadium itself.:icon_lol:

Women's pursuit team just broke the world record on each of five consecutive rides - and Peter Kirkbride lifted out of his skin in the B group, justified his selection there!

It's going rather well, touch wood. I'm quite enjoying the olympics so far, more than I thought I would.
To see Andy Murray win tomorrow would be brilliant, and of course Ben Ainslie getting gold would be great too.

It's going rather well, touch wood. I'm quite enjoying the olympics so far, more than I thought I would.
To see Andy Murray win tomorrow would be brilliant, and of course Ben Ainslie getting gold would be great too.

Back
Top Bottom