Looking for something new to watch on TV

Daredevil, had slipped my mind - that was very good, looking forward to season two.

The Flash and Gotham weren't bad - I thought season one of Flash did well as the Harrison Wells plot really kept me on the hook for the entire season. Admittedly the young lad really loves them along with Arrow and had no time for Daredevil at all, so that might put things into perspective in terms of what works for the younger/more mature audience.

If done right, Wolverine might transfer to a TV series nicely.

Hiya,

You guys must like Robin Hood stuff. My favorite story about him is when he uses a very heavy buffalo rifle to shoot the apple off Friar Tuck's kid's head. Very good!

Anyway, when I was a yout, there was a Robin Hood weekly TV show in which Richard Greene played the lead. I have faint memories of it being an ok show, except for any dull parts regarding actual history. Yeah, that stuff was pretty damn useless.

Take a look on youtube for maybe a father/young son kinda thing. Gotta be from the late 50s or thereabouts and filmed in both black and white colors.

Last edited:
Hiya,

You guys must like Robin Hood stuff. My favorite story about him is when he uses a very heavy buffalo rifle to shoot the apple off Friar Tuck's kid's head. Very good!

Anyway, when I was a yout, there was a Robin Hood weekly TV show in which Richard Greene played the lead. I have faint memories of it being an ok show, except for any dull parts regarding actual history. Yeah, that stuff was pretty damn useless.

Take a look on youtube for maybe a father/young son kinda thing. Gotta be from the late 50s or thereabouts and filmed in both black and white colors.

One of my favourite series Marty from the 1960s I wouldn't miss a show thanks for sparking a great memory from my past.

One of my favourite series Marty from the 1960s I wouldn't miss a show thanks for sparking a great memory from my past.

]

Definitely a good theme song and Have Gun Will Travel was the probably best. The show was played straight but still held my interest except for the local history crap. I think lots of 'facts' were made up and many of those places didn't exist. In any case, who cares.

So you would watch Zorro too I guess. Heh, probably a little young for the coonskin caps craziness because of Davy Crockett. I had one.....whew. My own personal "Rosebud".

Marty

Hiya,

And amazingly, Brilliantine was available in Robin Hood's days. I always admired Richard Greene's grooming.

I had all the Last Kingdom recorded, then my Tivo box died...

I can usually tolerate the first 3 Series/seasons of most things then lose interest. I loved Madmen at first then gave up one episode into season 5. The same goes for breaking Bad and Dexter. Gave up on Game of Thrones after one episode. Last series I really liked was Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel. I have high hopes with Deutschland 83, but I still haven't got around to watching the first episode yet.

keep at is takes around 2 episodes before things get started involves 2 main guys.
This is not one for me then ..... just don't care enough to keep an interest in RL events for that long, Lord of the rings was only 9 hours, so how they can stretch this to 10 episodes is beyond me. YMMV obviously.

Madmen, never bothered far too glossy looking from the ads, I make snap decisions on some things for example I've never seen Top Gun and never will, decision made, no regrets.
Dexter 5 seasons
Breaking bad, I would not let it beat me, so saw it through.
Lost, now there's a chunk of Life I'll never get back.
Game of Thrones, I'm amused by Tyrion Lannister, so still watching next season.
Strangely for me, I have watched the Good wife for far longer than I ever intended and am looking forward to the new season, cant work out why it appeals to me ??

Watched the first 3 episodes of The Shannara Chronicles last night(www.couchtuner.sx). So far quite pleasantly suprised by the high standards of storyline and SFX. I'd lost track of Vikings, but managed to find my missing episodes here(www.watchtubeplus.org/page/2/?s=vikings) as the above link had lost them. between the 2 I manage to watch all the programmes I'm interested in, without pissing off SWMBO(much):rolleyes::D

Lol I did the same thing. Some spotty acting but overall really enjoyable. Might just watch the fourth episode tonight :)

Back
Top Bottom