March 2021 Acquisitions

Yes Jester, the PP jar is perfect for the Stirling samples. I'm enjoying sniffing the Spice Gentleman but have decided to use the Stirling Spice next. I was going to buy some Old Spice AS but the plethora of versions just confused the a*** off me - Classic? Original? French? US? British? No idea.

So I'm going with the Spice soap and some 4711. I'm really enjoying my new Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353, so it gets another outing.

IMG_20210326_125059-01.jpg

View attachment 67052
Few bits have arrived today:
1 - tabac shaving soap
2 - Dalit goods co. Sandalwood shaving soap in rosewood bowl
3. Ikon b1 slant oss and DG lamplight penance soap , with couple of freebies - l’occitane cedrat aftershave cream gel and pack of Kai blades

The Dalit product looks very interesting ... good website, good to support such people.

I can't find an ingredient list for the soap - does it contain she butter?

The Dalit product looks very interesting ... good website, good to support such people.

I can't find an ingredient list for the soap - does it contain she butter?
Indeed ! Had some hand soaps before from them and they were great so looking forward to giving it a try!

it doesn’t say anything on the box or soap, but from what I found online it’s not including Shea butter. The list is:
Sodium cocoate, neem seed oil, pure essential oils of cedarwood, cyreol, vetiver.

it’s a third party site that mentions it so not sure if it’s correct, but apparently it is 100% coconut oil based.

Indeed ! Had some hand soaps before from them and they were great so looking forward to giving it a try!

it doesn’t say anything on the box or soap, but from what I found online it’s not including Shea butter. The list is:
Sodium cocoate, neem seed oil, pure essential oils of cedarwood, cyreol, vetiver.

it’s a third party site that mentions it so not sure if it’s correct, but apparently it is 100% coconut oil based.
Perfect! Thank you. I have one incoming :cool: Fingers crossed it's good.

Perfect! Thank you. I have one incoming :cool: Fingers crossed it's good.
You’re most welcome haha ! Yeah fingers crossed too! My stubble is a bit too short for shave tonight but might give it a try tomorrow morning - will report how that goes !

also just a note- their sandalwood scent seems to be kinda ‘dark’? - definitely nothing like proraso red. Didn’t try other sandalwood scents yet so can’t really compare unfortunately

You’re most welcome haha ! Yeah fingers crossed too! My stubble is a bit too short for shave tonight but might give it a try tomorrow morning - will report how that goes !

also just a note- their sandalwood scent seems to be kinda ‘dark’? - definitely nothing like proraso red. Didn’t try other sandalwood scents yet so can’t really compare unfortunately
Ooh, goody! That sounds right up my street! I have a number of pure sandalwood attars from India and there is quite a variance in scent. I guess the neem oil is making its presence known. Hopefully the vetiver will offset that.

Yeah! Let us know how you get on ... it'll make a bath soap if it's a shaving soap fail. Mind you, it might be a rare gem.

Ooh, goody! That sounds right up my street! I have a number of pure sandalwood attars from India and there is quite a variance in scent. I guess the neem oil is making its presence known. Hopefully the vetiver will offset that.

Yeah! Let us know how you get on ... it'll make a bath soap if it's a shaving soap fail. Mind you, it might be a rare gem.
Does that count as a mild mild mild enabling from my side then ? Haha ! Yeah it is dark but I wouldn’t say too dark - going by the scent whilst it’s still wrapped it does smell just right to me !
A scent that I’d think is sandalwood, unlike proraso red!

Will definitely do! Fingers crossed, we will know tomorrow morning !

Does that count as a mild mild mild enabling from my side then ? Haha ! Yeah it is dark but I wouldn’t say too dark - going by the scent whilst it’s still wrapped it does smell just right to me !
A scent that I’d think is sandalwood, unlike proraso red!

Will definitely do! Fingers crossed, we will know tomorrow morning !
Consider me enabled (y)

... still no idea what "cyreol" is.

Back
Top Bottom