March 2021 Acquisitions

I just hope the guy explaining doesn't get too animated!
1-severed-arm-andrzej-wojcickiscience-photo-library.jpg

Mail call, looking forward to trying this offering from Rex and if its good then it might be time to swap the Timeless for the Ambassador as a good condition Gibbs is getting harder and more expensive to find.

View attachment 66933
The Ambassador is similar looking razor to the Gibbs however I didn't find it anywhere near as smooth when it came to shaving, the Gibbs won hands down, but if course YMMV! :)

Paul.

Christ, I'm easily enabled :oops: First time driving out of my home town for a month. Maybe I was giddy with the excitement, but as I spotted the Lidl on the horizon I automatically indicated and pulled in to look for the new colognes discussed on here recently. No sign on the shelves, so consoled myself with these three instead.

View attachment 66957

I have the 2 AS's and I prefer the scent of the Aqua, but they are both superb, their ingredient list is excellent. They are both vastly superior to the Nivea post shave products.

I have the 2 AS's and I prefer the scent of the Aqua, but they are both superb, their ingredient list is excellent. They are both vastly superior to the Nivea post shave products.
Good to hear @donnie_arko . Also, I was today year's old when I realised the cool sounding ingredient "hamamelis water" is actually just Witch Hazel! Every day's a school day :p

164495541_4244833178957371_5735170203622621887_n.jpg
*Oops - put it on the wrong page first time*
Well that was bloody quick - only left Belarus on Friday(y)
Lilac soap, Rose soap & ASL, Juniper soap and menthol ASL. Also freebie samples of Himalayan Salt bath soap, goats milk shaving soap and the intriguingly named "Baby Weasel", which disappointingly turns out to be a sensitive skin soap suitable for babies and not some mad artisan creation smelling of Mustela spraint and milky vomit:sick: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
And lo, the joys of soap sample and small jars off eBay have revealed themselves unto me.

IMG_202103260s.jpeg

I hadn't quite appreciated that Old Spice shaving soap was no longer being made. It annoyed me. Why continue to make a vast range of other shave related items and not bother with soap? That makes no sense. Anyway, as you can see, I have an excellent alternative in the shape of the Stirling Spice. The soap is now safely and firmly pressed into the base of the shave mug and will be used in the near future.

The Stirling Gentleman has also successfully been squished into the base of this excellent Patum Peperium jar, as I was glad to accept Jester's suggestion on the Hampshire Wool Fat thread.

IMG_20210326_105421-0s.jpeg

The Stirling Gentleman is reminiscent of sister soap Haverford, P&B's Spitfire and H&V's Cognac & Cuban Cigars - but with the emphasis more on the leather.

The Mountain Man smells fantastic but I'm not sure of the Frozen Tundra. We'll see in due course.

And lo, the joys of soap sample and small jars off eBay have revealed themselves unto me.

View attachment 67039

I hadn't quite appreciated that Old Spice shaving soap was no longer being made. It annoyed me. Why continue to make a vast range of other shave related items and not bother with soap? That makes no sense. Anyway, as you can see, I have an excellent alternative in the shape of the Stirling Spice. The soap is now safely and firmly pressed into the base of the shave mug and will be used in the near future.

The Stirling Gentleman has also successfully been squished into the base of this excellent Patum Peperium jar, as I was glad to accept Jester's suggestion on the Hampshire Wool Fat thread.

View attachment 67038

The Stirling Gentleman is reminiscent of sister soap Haverford, P&B's Spitfire and H&V's Cognac & Cuban Cigars - but with the emphasis more on the leather.

The Mountain Man smells fantastic but I'm not sure of the Frozen Tundra. We'll see in due course.
They're nice, big samples from Stirling aren't they? My Hipster one recently moved from its tin to a PP, but there's still enough room to swirl around in the pot (y)

Back
Top Bottom