Moderation Discussion (branched from Nishy's Farewell Thread)

I for one (can't speak for others ) would like to know this -Can I ask the mods a genuine question , do you follow a set of forum guidelines when moderating or are they your own personal guidelines ?

All the non shaving forums I have been on have a set of guidelines some stricter than others but at least everyone knows where they stand .Having posts deleted just because a mod personally doesn't like it shouldn't happen the mod should be able to see the forum as a whole not just his/her domain.
We follow the T&C's that have been mentioned :) I like to think that by keeping the rules short and sweet, it makes it seem much less like a dictatorship (as I've experienced on other forums) but more a Gentleman's Club where we all talk, drink, shave a bit, make tits of ourselves in SOTD videos (I make no apologies for that bit :D ) and generally get on :)

I hope that all the aggrieved can put aside their differences, shake virtual hands, make apologies where they are deserved and business as usual can resume :)

If it doesn't happen, then so help me I will sing on video and post it for all to see :D

Cup of tea chaps?

I joined the Army when they were still issuing underpants, although anyone caught wearing them usually got their head kicked in. Just sayin is all.

$_35.JPG

I joined the Army when they were still issuing underpants, although anyone caught wearing them usually got their head kicked in. Just sayin is all.

$_35.JPG

Obviously not a Scottish Regiment Dave. The Argylls were well known for the terrifying length, breadth and depth of their danglers. A source of mixed fear and admiration to all who beheld them bouncing around on their kilts, all shaggy and hairy.

JohnnyO. o/

Oops, sorry, some if you may not know that " danglers " is a slang name for sporrans. The hairy, tasseled pouches made of cured haggis skin worn over the kilt.

We follow the T&C's that have been mentioned :) I like to think that by keeping the rules short and sweet, it makes it seem much less like a dictatorship (as I've experienced on other forums) but more a Gentleman's Club where we all talk, drink, shave a bit, make tits of ourselves in SOTD videos (I make no apologies for that bit :D ) and generally get on :)

I hope that all the aggrieved can put aside their differences, shake virtual hands, make apologies where they are deserved and business as usual can resume :)

If it doesn't happen, then so help me I will sing on video and post it for all to see :D

Cup of tea chaps?

Thanks for taking the time to answer , so no guidelines (other than politics/religion) which is fine although with mods being able to delete posts for no other reason than not agreeing with them is a recipe for disaster IMO.
This no guidelines is fine when you know each others personalities and traits as the mods will know what the members are like but will only get harder to moderate as new members come in.

Off to have an Earl Grey

Reactions: Len
The only posts mods don't agree with contain personal attacks, aggression and the like - or ones posted deliberately to cause problems or ignoring a mods comments. Hm! and ones considered likely to bring TSR into disrepute. I'll stop thinking about it as the list might grow and then be quoted back at me as not containing the latest reason I don't give.

Poking mods with a cyber stick is not recommended, either.

Fuck! if JohnnyO can avoid being moderated it shouldn't be beyond the wit of us all to avoid it as well. A good day for me? Nothing needing moderation. I'd very much like to get back to enjoying a relaxing, fun time on TSR.

I actually like you Carl, and have gotten a lot out of your posts, long before I was even a member. I've taken issues with some of your moderation decisions...

...But I respect you as a man and as a person. Please forgive me if I was over the top in my criticism, or have caused you angst. My apologies, and please take my points and questions about the moderator as something different from the man. You are a respectable one

Cheers and enjoy your supper.
Thank you for this. I really appreciate it.

PLEASE take your issues with my moderation to Admin.

This thread has been far more fruitful than I could have imagined. Calmly expressed, we begin to reach understanding of each others perspectives.

Your posts, Len, and attitude toward me and others, have obscured my view of you as a person. I consider this a pity. I hope very much to be able to see you more clearly in the future.

Supper was great, thanks - roast pork.

Oh hum. All nothing I haven't seen before on forums. Why can't folk spend more time just getting on enjoying the place instead of bitching about it? If posts get deleted, then posts get deleted. Get over it, it isn't the end of days.

I was ejected from Vinyl Engine for stupidly breaking rules and policies, then reinstated after a bit of an outcry from other members ( http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=78961 ). Did I carry any sense of retribution or want of revenge against the place? Did I sod like (being nice using the word 'sod'), I just got on with things and still enjoy the place to this day.

Since joining TSR all I have received is great advise and better shaving as a result. This place is a wealth of knowledge and experience and that is why I joined. Better than ensuring one ends up in A&E. Every one of you has been a great help and I personally am really thankful for all the incredibly quick replies and great assists.

Keep up the great work and keep this forum among the better out there.

Having said that....
I wear my "Banned from B&B and TSN" badges with somewhat of pride though as I fundamentally disagree with how those forums are run and the fact that I don't belong there is, to me, proof that I'm doing the right thing :)
zDd0u.gif

Bravo!

Wait a minute. I'm a member in good standing on both those forums. I must be a despicable human being. :(

...or I don't post over there enough on either one to attract unwanted attention, because I don't care for how they are run...

Last edited:
This thread has been far more fruitful than I could have imagined. Calmly expressed, we begin to reach understanding of each others perspectives.

Great!

@Darkbulb said it above - it's someone's house and he's appointed a doorman. Simples.

Personally, I enjoyed this post the most:

That's a Coony (Maine Coon cat) if ever I saw one :D

You know what? One fellow aired a grievance, others added their views, it was discussed, said fellow found his level, those aired against found theirs ... we posted cat pictures, pictures of Manuel, pictures of cups of tea and all is right with the world. I agree with the former and empathise with the latter.

You know what? This forum has still got it ...

Back
Top Bottom