New SE razor - Rocnel

I just got my email to submit payment and in addition to the option for adding the plain handle, there is also the option for a slant head! From the email:

Note:
a)Optionally 316 Stainless Steel Stant is : 7 USD (It is not included in the price. Sold as a supplement.)
b)Handles are patterned. Additional plain handle is 10 USD
Anyone have an idea what the slant head looks like? I've just sent an email to Murat to ask for both the slant head and plain handle to be added to my order, because why not?!

I just got my email to submit payment and in addition to the option for adding the plain handle, there is also the option for a slant head! From the email:

Note:
a)Optionally 316 Stainless Steel Stant is : 7 USD (It is not included in the price. Sold as a supplement.)
Anyone have an idea what the slant head looks like? I've just sent an email to Murat to ask for both the slant head and plain handle to be added to my order, because why not?!
Err..It looks Slanted..:p:D:p

Billy

Note:
Which country are you in please?

A coworker got one of these, so he asked me to use it first (pansy!).
The blade-loading has potential for disaster. I don't understand Rocnel's thinking in the design, which to me is fundamentally flawed.
The razor head is a lot smaller than a typical DE head. Here's pics next to a vintage Gillette NEW and a modern Ikon OC.
The blade 'wings' help you load the blade but the sharp edges increase your chance of injury by 999%.
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

A coworker got one of these, so he asked me to use it first (pansy!).
The blade-loading has potential for disaster. I don't understand Rocnel's thinking in the design, which to me is fundamentally flawed.
The razor head is a lot smaller than a typical DE head. Here's pics next to a vintage Gillette NEW and a modern Ikon OC.
The blade 'wings' help you load the blade but the sharp edges increase your chance of injury by 999%.
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Aye..I was Talkin to my Brother about this the other day..Its certainly a Cheap & Nasty Design to say the Least..In Fact it couldn't get more Cheap & Nasty..There is a Lot of Products getting Propelled into the Country at the Moment from Turkey because the Russians have Cut off a Lot of trading Links with them & Companies are Turning their hands to anything to get a Turn around because they are Going Bankrupt..;)

Stainless or Not..That thing wouldn't have got Passed Health & Safety over here..I am not a Fan of Supermarkets but Hey I cant see that getting Sold..They would be getting law Suits Right left & Centre..:eek:

Here..Folks..A Pair of Health & Safety Gardening Gloves & Safety Goggles are Required with the Rocnel at all Times..And a 1st Aid Kit..Yeah..But its made of Stainless..I will order 3 or 4 at that price..Pull the Other One..:D:D

Billy

Last edited:
Has anyone in the UK who pre-ordered one of these received their razor yet, or been contacted re payment?

I was expecting to hear something by now...

Mate th pre order thing looks like a damp squib. I don't think Rocnel have officially scrapped the idea but it looks like they have scrapped it anyway and ya now have to buy them from their distributor. They're linked somewhere on this thread. If you really want one just buy it online instead of waiting.

Back
Top Bottom