New SE razor - Rocnel

Hi Ckeskin - many thanks for all the info you have been providing; much appreciated!

Out of interest, have you come across any reviews of the more expensive but beautiful Rocnel DE razor? I cannot find any on any forums and was interested if you had heard any feedback on it?

I have pre-ordered the SE in either event!

Cheers

Actually there are some reviews in the Turkish shaving forum for the DE but they are all in Turkish. I don't know if that helps you since google translate doesn't work well for Turkish.

There are limited reviews but people are very satisfied with it so far.

Ok gentlemen, as I promised I am sharing some photos and my experience with the final product. If you haven't read my review on the prototype I suggest you read that first since this is not a full review but more of an update to the previous review.

First of all, I really want to congratulate the guys at Rocnel for this amazing razor. Every possible improvement I noted down during the time I tried the prototype has been done and the result is an amazing razor. I will share the rest in bullet points:

- Handle is shorter and therefore lighter than the prototype's handle. This is a very positive change since it is much easier to use the razor on the neck area now and also the razor is easier to handle and more balanced.

- Smooth handle looks amazing and is not slippery at all. It stays in your hand very well. If you drop it, it is your fault. (You can still get the knurled handle if you wish.)

- The finishing of the head is probably done by sanding. Looks and feels great. The workmanship is top notch. Soap easily cleans off with water.

- Comes in a very nice gift box.

- It is more aggressive than DE89 and R89 but not a lot more aggressive. It gives great results with sharp blades. My favourite is Feather so far.

I think this razor worth much more than what is costs and it is a must have for every traditional wet shaving lover.

htighs.jpg

x3d95j.jpg

rgzcsh.jpg

2d7zy80.jpg

15378yw.jpg

2lc1f0o.jpg

10yi0ib.jpg

2qa4k7t.jpg

2ymefs5.jpg

33wb7e9.jpg

15cm4n4.jpg

1zbus5x.jpg