New SE razor - Rocnel

I don't really worry too much about snapping the DE blade in half. Anyone who has done it a couple of times knows it an extremely simple thing to do. I actually snap it with the paper still on.
Also, it IS a $25 dollar razor... ;)
I'm not worried about the snapping in half - it's all the faffing about with the half blade in the razor - lining it up, breaking bits of the edge and then using finger nail to extract it...:rolleyes:

I'm not worried about the snapping in half - it's all the faffing about with the half blade in the razor - lining it up, breaking bits of the edge and then using finger nail to extract it...:rolleyes:

Yeah, @ckeskin if possible - can you talk a bit about the blade loading in detail?
How difficult is it to load, unload, does the blade stay in safely during the shave, any issues at all, etc?

Yes, I wondered how they might cut a curved slot too, but I can't think of any other way of keeping the blade there, barring a magnet of course...

We shall have to wait and see.

Yes, I wondered how they might cut a curved slot too, but I can't think of any other way of keeping the blade there, barring a magnet of course...

We shall have to wait and see.
I've looked at the photo and the video, and it certainly *looks* curved. I've had confirmation of my pre-order, so I hope it won't be too long before I have it in front of me to see.

I've looked at the photo and the video, and it certainly *looks* curved. I've had confirmation of my pre-order, so I hope it won't be too long before I have it in front of me to see.
How long did it take to get your pre order notification through? I'm still waiting....

If the slot is push in only, I wonder then of the tolerances between blades. A slightly thicker blade would therefore sit further out. I'm also intrigued how they have created a curved slot. It suggests a water-jet, as I've certainly not used anything that can create such a fine cut, never mind with a curve.

Schick Type A Repeater..o_O
DSC_0144_zpswxxyrhmv.jpg

The Rocnel SE looks to me as if its got a similar design to this Schick Type A Repeater..The blade just slips in the same way by the looks of it..There is no blade stops & the blade seats against the back of the head..The Schick just has a slot that the blade fits into..It doesn't need to be that tight to hold it in place as it cant Go anywhere..Its a very simple design & it works very well..The Rocnel has the added bonus of that curve as well..The design is very similar in principle at least & works very well..Just not what most folks are used to is All..:p

Billy

Back
Top Bottom