New SE razor - Rocnel

Looking forward to the reviews and opinions although slightly puzzled why there aren't any already considering some razors are out in the wild, so to speak. Is there an NDA or something in place?

From here DB, unless I've misunderstood (highlighted in bold).

I believe it's also a recent design from, I think, October of last year (even though they've had the intent/company since 2007).
There are some write-ups in Turkish shaving forums of the razor and, as mentioned, a couple of users have both the DE and SE and will post their thoughts in more in-depth reviews.

Cihan on Instagram has been using an earlier model of the razor for a few weeks now (he's in, I believe, Cyprus) and will be posting a more in-depth review next week (he mentioned TSN when I messaged him but knowing that site's aversion to post anything that isn't in production that may or may not happen. I'll try to sway him to post here instead).
Here's his instagram feed with some photos of the SE razor he has been using (look - it exists outside of the company's site! ....). That's a prototype/early model though and the production model will apparently have some minor adjustments to it.

There will apparently be an in-depth review of the DE razor posted by another owner but as far as I know that might just be on the Turkish forums.

As far as pricing for the DE goes one can get it a tad less inexpensive if one opts out of the pretty box;
- $185 for the razor, and
- $45 for the stand

From here DB, unless I've misunderstood (highlighted in bold).

Ah, a victim of my own writing.
Yeah there was a post where there was another person was "called out" as having one of the SE prototypes but it turned out it was the DE he had. So, for now the only one that I know of - that is on forums at least - is Cihan.
I pinged him the other day asking if he might be able to post something here this week.

Ah, a victim of my own writing.
Yeah there was a post where there was another person was "called out" as having one of the SE prototypes but it turned out it was the DE he had. So, for now the only one that I know of - that is on forums at least - is Cihan.
I pinged him the other day asking if he might be able to post something here this week.

Fair enough, that makes sense.

All eyes on Cihan then. :D

Good evening gentlemen. I am sorry for the delay. As @Darkbulb said I was busy last weekend. I found time and publisged the Turkish review tonight finally. I hope to publish the English one tomorrow or latest on wednesday evening.

I had thought a slight nipping action when the handle is tightened but having watched that vid, it looks like a push fit into the head and then backward pressure from shaving holds the blade in there.

I hope my retired and soft fingers are up to the task!

I had thought a slight nipping action when the handle is tightened but having watched that vid, it looks like a push fit into the head and then backward pressure from shaving holds the blade in there.

I hope my retired and soft fingers are up to the task!

Yeah, I hope Cihan can elaborate a bit more on the loading/shaving later this week.
I love the look of the razor though.
I also wonder if breaking off the end tabs is really needed once the blade is loaded.

Yikes, there's quite a bit of finger / blade contact there...:eek:

I don't really worry too much about snapping the DE blade in half. Anyone who has done it a couple of times knows it an extremely simple thing to do. I actually snap it with the paper still on.
Also, it IS a $25 dollar razor... ;)

Back
Top Bottom