November 2016 acquisitions

Not shaving related I know(although they are blades), I have just acquired probably the finest and most sought after chisels available. Made in Sheffield by Marples, the 'Shamrock' brand of tools is considered by many, to be the finest tools ever produced. Produced in the '30's when Great Britain led the way in steel production, this is a set of firmer chisels which I've been on the look out for ages.
I feel privileged to be able to breathe new air into them!
20161117_173317.jpg

5j08wBoh.jpg

Jubilation XXV by Amouage. Been after this beauty for a while!

Not shaving related I know(although they are blades), I have just acquired probably the finest and most sought after chisels available. Made in Sheffield by Marples, the 'Shamrock' brand of tools is considered by many, to be the finest tools ever produced. Produced in the '30's when Great Britain led the way in steel production, this is a set of firmer chisels which I've been on the look out for ages.
View attachment 22021

Good stuff!...congrats.

View attachment 22021
Well done mate, I'm sure you will do them justice, nice one :)

After being impressed by a recent acquisition of a Schick L type and some "chicks", and of course spending much time on this forum I decided to buy these.......

View attachment 22041
Not cleaned it yet, but it looks to be in good condition.

And I got these. Anyone know what sort of age they might be?

View attachment 22042

And some of these......

View attachment 22043
Nice those PAL Injectos..That's from the 50s that Model..Those NOS Plats are Lovely..The Twins are Fine for the Schick L Type but NOT the PAL Injecto..Twin Blades Don't Fit any PAL Injector..:D

Billy

Nice those PAL Injectos..That's from the 50s that Model..Those NOS Plats are Lovely..The Twins are Fine for the Schick L Type but NOT the PAL Injecto..Twin Blades Don't Fit any PAL Injector..:D

Billy
Thanks for information and the advice on the Twin blades, much appreciated.

I was looking at that Schick that Blademonkey bagged from eBay, I liked the Glasgow Bookies connection. Think I will try a good few shaves with the PAL and my Schick L type before looking at more Schicks, my DE razors are going to get a bit neglected for a while I suspect.:)

Back
Top Bottom