November 2016 acquisitions

Japanese shaving box, I already have one from Indonesia but this one will contain the razors I'll get in 2017
biggrin.gif

yIQ9jTd.jpg

gQuHdiU.jpg
Very very nice this :)

Thanks guys, it's a very nice box I got from my wife.

Just received my big box of Eufros soaps from Manuel, shipping was very fast. Wife as always wanted to smell the new soaps, here words: This is pure love in a tin!
Shaved with the Gea this morning, very very nice! Wife demanded that I buy all scents I didn't have at once, she even offered to pay for it when I said but honey I already have so many soaps
cool.gif

Last edited:
I was looking around for a case for my Ikon El Jefe, I like to store my razors in travel cases when not in use, and the travel cases get used when I do travel. I came across this on eBay.

Case1.JPG case2.JPG

It seemed like a good price at £8.99 and it is actually very thick leather, maybe not the finest hide but very nice for the purpose.

Not sure about the logo that says "Man Taste". But I can live with that.

What I had not noticed when purchasing this was I was actually buying a Razor as well! Note to self, do not buy things on eBay when consuming large amounts of whisky, at least this purchase was not a regret.

This is what came with the case, or rather this is the razor that the above case came with, and some blades as well.

case3.JPG

Seems like a good deal to me without the razor and the blades, I will try out the blades as I have not tried these yet, but not sure what to do with the cheap Gillette TTO clone. Maybe I will be brave enough to try it out and if it works OK maybe pass it on to someone who wants to try DE shaving, but only if it does not rip my face off.

The eBay item was this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Brow...-Wallet-Travel-Case-Classic-Vtg-/391528891709

Not shaving related but a rather fun thing dropped into the mailbox today...

Received this $9.99 "Laguiole" knife (eBay purchase). I was rather impressed by the weight and attention to details on this little thing;
1221aj7.jpg

It does have an edge - sharp enough to cut yourself, sharpen a pencil, opening a box, etc but not really intended for any serious work. I was mostly just impressed there was an edge at all.
The Damascus look is rather nice.
20gzs7.jpg

6r2hpy.jpg

1940md.jpg

They also include a leather(?) sheath and cord should you be so inclined to use it that way. The knife kinda fits in there.
i1xvtx.jpg

Time will tell if it will end up going onto my keychain
rlz7np.jpg

Not shaving related but a rather fun thing dropped into the mailbox today...

Received this $9.99 "Laguiole" knife (eBay purchase). I was rather impressed by the weight and attention to details on this little thing;
1221aj7.jpg

It does have an edge - sharp enough to cut yourself, sharpen a pencil, opening a box, etc but not really intended for any serious work. I was mostly just impressed there was an edge at all.
The Damascus look is rather nice.
20gzs7.jpg

6r2hpy.jpg

1940md.jpg

They also include a leather(?) sheath and cord should you be so inclined to use it that way. The knife kinda fits in there.
i1xvtx.jpg

Time will tell if it will end up going onto my keychain
rlz7np.jpg

Well, one can't never say a knife is not shaving related....:rolleyes::D

Back
Top Bottom