R A Rooney

Happens all the time, imported components just assembled in the UK can have the Made in UK stamp I doubt brushes are any different. Not saying it's right just saying that is what's done. Oh that Man on the Island told you, I see.

Ultimately all that matters is the quality of a product. But it should also be what it is claimed to be. Roberts radios - one the great British icons of the twentieth century - are now made in the far east. They have been open about that from the start.

Fido said:
Ultimately all that matters is the quality of a product. But it should also be what it is claimed to be. Roberts radios - one the great British icons of the twentieth century - are now made in the far east. They have been open about that from the start.

NOOOOO! Say it ain't so, Fido!

Hunter wellies (ex-Scotland, now China), Belstaff waxed motorbike jackets (ex-Staffordshire, now Italy; still badged with big Union Flag). What next?

We used to make stuff in this country. Good stuff. The best stuff.

That's why I like a Rocket + Simpsons + MWF shave: all made in England. I'm no nationalist (only half-English and the son of an immigrant) but I work hard and like to see visible results; this country used to be the same, full of proud manufacturing and craftsmen. Now look at us: bankers and IT consultants and call-centres. If we're lucky.

:(

i'm thought Hunter wellies were still made in Scotland, but i'll check.

the factory made Hunters and Tredaire carpet underlay on one side and i worked at the other one that made timing belts

there was also a golfball factory

they went through a few name changes and a management buyout but i think they're still made there :?

This is the reason I won’t part with hard earned cash. How can a so called ‘BRITISH’ company that advertises as such be so hard to track down to point of origin?

At least some proof they are at their address - not the kind of area I'd associate with luxury gentleman's products though!

Attachments

• Rooney.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom