R A Rooney

fido, "target for my interest"? That says it all. I have been on the receiving end of that attitude. It occurs to me yours is not a hobbyists interest rather you are a writer looking for a story.

Over the course of my legal career I have been interviewed by print and broadcast media over high profile cases in which I was involved. Nothing of a criminal nature, rather legal fights between State and or local governmental entities that was newsworthy.

The television people filmed me extensively and omitted every question I answered and only showed the three times I said, "I cannot comment on that" thus clearly implying I was attempting to conceal something. The story had already been decided on and I was portrayed as aiding their 'target of Interest'.

Same thing with the newspapers though worse. They selectively edited my comments and wrote a story which was the opposite of what I said. The last time a newspaper called I said, "Go to Hell and you may quote me".

Perhaps Mr. Sabrini has better things to do than be a 'target of interest' for an enterprising blogger who is looking for a story. You have already written close to two negative pages without any facts to go on and if you called me I wouldn't give you the time of day.

"I’m a frequent visitor to this site, never joined or contributed, but often followed threads there. And one thing that always struck me was, although this gent, the one pictured in the grand leather office chair reading what I suppose is the wall street journal looking out over a sort of business district with the look of (I hope I don’t get caught sitting here) is full of his own fucking self pissing importance."

He has done a few good reviews though so il go easy on the fella.

P.S; Keep up the good work Fido, a simple answer to a simple question not answered leads to these types of threads. Fine English heritage, made in England. Mighty fine sentiments lets see some proof.

I am pleased at last to report something positive. I had a discussion with a respected contact at Taylors of Bond Street last week. He spoke to Lee Sabini after our conversation. Lee Sabini assured him that Rooney brushes are still being made in England. I have not sought any more details but hope to speak directly to Lee Sabini soon.

Sorry to drag up an old thread ( I found it after reading Fido's blog so all his fault again ;) ) I was just wondering what the outcome eventually was?

I decided in the end to back off on my enquiries on this. It is well known that Lee Sabini bought the Rooney rights but that R A Rooney has been dissolved. The Rooney brand is still being made and sold through a limited number of websites. Lee Sabini now also supplies some retail outlets with "Rooney" brushes with the brand name of the retailer as it's logo. Some of these brushes are claimed to be wholly hand made in England. Some have handles made from moulds as explained on the Executive Shaving website. Speculation continues about where and how Rooney brushes are made. As far as I am aware Lee Sabini has not made any statement to clarify the situation. Speculation will therefore continue. I got involved in this simply because I was writing a blog and wanted to include information about where and how shaving brushes were made. I had hoped to visit factories where UK brushes are made. When I looked into the Rooney operation, I drew a blank. Perhaps sometime soon, all will be clear. I'm starting my own brush operation soon. I have a feeling I will get to know more about the shaving brush industry and more of the facts about it!

Badger grade

Sparky750 said:
Sorry to drag up an old thread ( I found it after reading Fido's blog so all his fault again ;) ) I was just wondering what the outcome eventually was?

Certainly was a pissing contest in other forum that's for sure.

An otherwise BUMP due to an insipid thread/waste of bandwidth in attempt to mimic REPOST this awesome thread.

Fido said:
I decided in the end to back off on my enquiries on this. It is well known that Lee Sabini bought the Rooney rights but that R A Rooney has been dissolved. The Rooney brand is still being made and sold through a limited number of websites. Lee Sabini now also supplies some retail outlets with "Rooney" brushes with the brand name of the retailer as it's logo. Some of these brushes are claimed to be wholly hand made in England. Some have handles made from moulds as explained on the Executive Shaving website. Speculation continues about where and how Rooney brushes are made. As far as I am aware Lee Sabini has not made any statement to clarify the situation. Speculation will therefore continue. I got involved in this simply because I was writing a blog and wanted to include information about where and how shaving brushes were made. I had hoped to visit factories where UK brushes are made. When I looked into the Rooney operation, I drew a blank. Perhaps sometime soon, all will be clear. I'm starting my own brush operation soon. I have a feeling Not necessarily a Bible but it's generally good guideline.I will get to know more about the shaving brush industry and more of the facts about it!

Have you since visited factories? Any ninja shots or vids? If Edwin Jagger has one up these overrated brands ought have one as well shouldn't they? How do you feel about that?

"I have a feeling Not necessarily a Bible but it's generally good guideline"

I have no idea what this so called sentence is doing in that post!

I did manage an exchange of emails with Lee Sabini after buying one of his prototypes. He said he would contact me for a chat several weeks ago. I don't think PR or communications interests Lee. Kent declined a request to visit their factory. I never have contacted Edwin Jagger. I did recently speak to the MD of Progress Vulfix and he invited me to visit the Isle of Man. The only factory I would like to visit now is in the Far East and I have no plans to do that just yet.

When I studied bell manufacturing I discovered that the major foundries around the world all knew each other and freely exchanged information. I had conducted tours of foundries here and in France and was told all I wanted to know about production methods. The world of shaving brush manufacturing is very different! No doubt major suppliers keep an eye on the forums and will consider adding more videos/information to their websites.

Fido said:

I posted this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badger

Not necessarily a Bible but it's generally good guideline.

Don't put words in my mouth and get your facts straight before you spew misinformation.

How could you not get that? I was referring to wiki as a whole. It's the web and these sources are coming from people like you and myself. Are you perfect without faults and reproach? Then wiki is an otherwise good guideline but not necessarily set in stone.

I did manage an exchange of emails with Lee Sabini after buying one of his prototypes. He said he would contact me for a chat several weeks ago. I don't think PR or communications interests Lee. Kent declined a request to visit their factory. I never have contacted Edwin Jagger. I did recently speak to the MD of Progress Vulfix and he invited me to visit the Isle of Man. The only factory I would like to visit now is in the Far East and I have no plans to do that just yet.

When I studied bell manufacturing I discovered that the major foundries around the world all knew each other and freely exchanged information. I had conducted tours of foundries here and in France and was told all I wanted to know about production methods. The world of shaving brush manufacturing is very different! No doubt major suppliers keep an eye on the forums and will consider adding more videos/information to their websites.

Tell Mark and Philip of Vulfix I said hi. Be sure to video the whole experience there Mr. Brush expert.

Fido said:

Er...Ivan, I think this was simply Peter wondering how this sentence had ended up as part of his own paragraph that you quoted.

Back
Top Bottom