RE: secret santa pop it in the post

RE: secret santa Important new update

Johnus said:
tuftey02 said:
Hello johnus your pm box is full I have a pm waiting to send to you,its a good one

Trying to empty some... Having trouble emptying the trash!

Ok, it should work now. Everytime there's an upgrade I have trouble moving from the 'Mobil' to the 'Real' site. But... I think I figured it out!

pm sent

Hello all if you haven't received contact details for your secret santa can you please pm me Thanks

Hello all some of you may be getting your secret santas thru the post soon.
Dont forget to post on here when it comes :icon_razz

The secret santa is still open so if you want to put your name down do it soon as the list will close soon.
we could relay do with two or more names just to round up the numbers.
you wont be disappointed :icon_razz:

tuftey02 said:
Hello all some of you may be getting your secret santas thru the post soon.

you wont be disappointed if you like socks!!!!

Fixed that up for you........no thanks needed.

In answer to your much earlier question of my sock size, I will need the usual mix. Yep, one pack size 9-12 (like a medium here), and the other package is size 13-16. Yes, you may remember me telling that story about my right foot getting run over by a Big Joe pallet mover when I was a kid. Heh, this was one you walked with and controlled it with the handle.....motorized and all. Embarrassing thing was that I was driving.

Martin

dodgy said:
Fixed that up for you........no thanks needed.

In answer to your much earlier question of my sock size, I will need the usual mix. Yep, one pack size 9-12 (like a medium here), and the other package is size 13-16. Yes, you may remember me telling that story about my right foot getting run over by a Big Joe pallet mover when I was a kid. Heh, this was one you walked with and controlled it with the handle.....motorized and all. Embarrassing thing was that I was driving.

Martin

Mart, hope you don't mind but for a man of 'mature' years (and in the interest of 'across the pond' relations) I thought about something like this:

USA-Flag-OnePiece-Onesie.jpg

Tall_Paul said:
Mart, hope you don't mind but for a man of 'mature' years (and in the interest of 'across the pond' relations) I thought about something like this:

Hah, not very likely. That outfit would give the old Friday night Bingo ladies I know the feckin dreh boak, so it would. Did that sound Scotch?

Mart

Not to me Mary, but I don't understand their language, nor they mine. Tá a lán grá agam don áit seo.
Mary, seems like your SS has to buy two pairs of socks; the least you could do is search for a similarly afflicted individual to reduce waste.

soapalchemist said:
Not to me Mary, but I don't understand their language, nor they mine. Tá a lán grá agam don áit seo.

I'm telling you Toots, you gotta see this movie sometime. Any of it sound familiar? Probably like old home week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXQHWa5j-YI

You know I'm a Youtube junkie! I think she's saying she didn't let 'Malacas??' sleep in her bed, but she let him into her sleeping bag. It has a strangely Eastern European sound to it, or maybe that's how Irish American sounds. Unfortunately, not quite like home.
Here's a slow version for you of real Irish - I think the interviewee is still learning, which is more than I'm doing. Go to about 3.00 for a bit more fluency. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnT7Ya3mN6g

soapalchemist said:
Here's a slow version for you or real Irish - I think the interviewee is still learning, which is more than I'm doing. Go to about 3.00 for a bit more fluency. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnT7Ya3mN6g

Watched 30 seconds of that and woke up maybe 15 minutes later with drool on my chin. Really really interesting......

The deal with the sleeping bag is referring to her wedding night when they had a fight and her husband used the bag instead of the bed.

I guess that's because you're so interesting, you can even warp time!!! I see you're still trying to deflect interest in how you may try (or not try) to reduce sock wastage.:icon_eek:

soapalchemist said:
I see you're still trying to deflect interest in how you may try (or not try) to reduce sock wastage.:icon_eek:

You are right my dear Miss Marple! I was hoping I wouldn't have to talk more about my problem. However, that won't be possible so here we go.

First, let me apologize to the OP for your derailing his thread like you have been. Dragging me into it doesn't change anything, although it makes me a victim!

Ok, that's that. So anyway, i actually have (or had) fairly small feet. My left foot's a size 9 1/2, but the bad foot is a hefty size 15 now. Yeah, wearing sandals ain't a pretty sight.
Mabs

How little you know me, Oh Dodgy one (and I say that advisedly) - Ms. Marple!?
But I have confidence in your Googling abilities...

dodgy said:
Hah, not very likely. That outfit would give the old Friday night Bingo ladies I know the feckin dreh boak, so it would. Did that sound Scotch?

Mart
[/quote

Aye Marvin, that sounded pure Scotch. As in you've drank too much of it, at least you're leaving some of your frags alone tonight eh? Feckin is west coast, dreh is east coast, or more specifically Dundee/Dundeh, the land o' jute 'n' jam, pehs and the Arabs. Did ye ken that marmalade was invented in Dundeh by the way? So wis taxin, but we'll leave that for a later date, just in case you ever make a visit with some nice shiny razors, jist let us ken when if ye dinnae mind. So here we hae oorsell a wee mash-up oh dialects, but crikey me an jings crivens help ma boab, we've firgit all aboot the loons n quines tae the north, fit wi their roonaboots an aw, ach well, theyre jist the same as oor neebs tae the sooth, maest o them cannae read onyways, sae nithin tae be feared of. An them that can read the words winnae be wastin there time on this pile o piss, maer important things tae dae, like shaggin sheep an the like, ken fit I mean loon?

Just for you Marvin, one of my favourite poems

The Wild Geese, by Violet Jacob

Oh tell me what was on your road, ye roarin' norlan' Wind,
As ye cam' blawin' frae the land (that's) niver frae my mind?
My feet they traivel England, but I'm deein' for the north.

My man, I heard the siller tides rin up the Firth o Forth”

Aye, Wind, I ken them weel eneuch, and fine they fa' and rise,
And fain I'd feel the creepin' mist on yonder shore that lies,
But tell me, ere ye passed them by, what saw ye on the way?

My man, I rocked the rovin' gulls that sail abune the Tay.

But saw ye naething, leein' Wind, afore ye cam' to Fife?
There's muckle lyin' ‘yont the Tay (that's) mair to me nor life.

My man, I swept the Angus braes ye ha'ena trod for years.

O Wind, forgi'e a hameless loon that canna see for tears!

And far abune the Angus straths I saw the wild geese flee,
A lang, lang skein o' beatin' wings wi' their heids towards the sea,
And aye their cryin' voices trailed ahint them on the air –

O Wind, hae maircy, haud yer whisht, for I daurna listen mair!

Now if that's no a massive thread derailment then ah dinnae ken fit is?

Back
Top Bottom