Recommend me a face scrub

At the moment I use Clinique face scrub on occasion. I love it as it is actually a scrubby scrub and it does what it says on the tube.

What I don't love is the fact its 17 quid. Anyone reommend me a decent cheaper face scrub that works?

RSC facial scrub (supermarkets, home bargains, £land etc)
Groomed facia scrub at Asda

both exhibit much cheapness and good facial scrubbiness. :icon_razz:

Have also used the Clinique and it is indeed superb but expensive.

chrisbell said:
barlines said:
Burgundy said:
A flannel!

You mean a face cloth :icon_wink: got one of those - Anything else?

You're British, man - it's a flannel!:mad::icon_rolleyes::angel::icon_razz:

Hmm - if it was made of flannel I'd agree with you. We are in danger of entering the Brand/Product debate and I'm no nearer getting a cheaper face scrub :s

Gingerpose said:
RSC facial scrub (supermarkets, home bargains, £land etc)
Groomed facia scrub at Asda

both exhibit much cheapness and good facial scrubbiness. :icon_razz:

Have also used the Clinique and it is indeed superb but expensive.

Thanks - tried a few including the KoS and boots own in the past and they were..well..pants. I'll check out the RSC and Asda (is the groomed stuff Asdas own, for some reason I'm recalling that name from somewhere in the shadows of my memory?)

Diqiu-Long said:
I bought Nivea Deep Cleaning Face Scrub, it works good for me and its labeled as preshave. I got two for the price off one.

Brianpilman said:
Loreal men expert scrub. Greeny blue colour much better than Nivea one and better value too

joe mcclaine said:
St Ives is what Vinny uses on his shiny smooth noggin.

Can't whack it for a couple of quid in Superdrug.

Thanks gents - I'll check those out too.

Any old liquid soap you fancy with a pinch of fine sand.

Personally, I'd stick with the Clinique - not so expensive per face scrub as you use so little.

A flannel will do it in the Midlands and North or a face cloth in southern climes.

Grandmama used soot from the chimney to exfoliate - or so she swore. Harry backed her on this and thought it highly amusing.

As a serious answer, I prefer gentle daily exfoliation via hot-cloth cleansing; i.e. with a soft flannel or muslin and whichever face soap you prefer. The missus studies dermatology and is heavily into beauty/cosmetic products, and she's critical of abrasive 'scrubs' like St. Ives. I happily use soap that's marketed for women - skin's skin after all - so I'd probably recommend either this, this or this 'cleanser' - going from least to most expensive.

Burgundy said:
As a serious answer, I prefer gentle daily exfoliation via hot-cloth cleansing; i.e. with a soft flannel or muslin and whichever face soap you prefer. The missus studies dermatology and is heavily into beauty/cosmetic products, and she's critical of abrasive 'scrubs' like St. Ives. I happily use soap that's marketed for women - skin's skin after all - so I'd probably recommend either this, this or this 'cleanser' - going from least to most expensive.

Thanks for that - interesting stuff, does your missus subscribe to the theory that mens skin is different to womens or is that just the marketing machine making money (Don't burst my bubble on this one as I'd hate to hear its true enough to make any difference!) I only use a scrub maybe once or twice a month at most, but when I need to buy scrub I feel pain as I'm a tight Northerner who needs to move South apparently :icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom