Recommend me a face scrub

Currently using the St Ives apricot one, more for women but i think someone said somewhere don't let the products for men fool you, its a marketing ploy. Its quite good, costs less than a fiver and really gets rid of dead cells and ingrown hairs.

Still looking for a better one though, Menscience is supposed to be one of the best

A wet flannel rubbed over a wet face: cheap, can be re-used, comes in a variety of colours to match your shaving cream tub and, importantly, doesn't damage your skin. As I think has been mentioned a couple of times, no trained dermatologist would ever recommend using a face scrub to scratch your facial skin (the sales girls at cosmetic counters don't count…)

In addition there's now some evidence that the plastic balls in the scrub end up back in the food chain: http://www.telegram.com/article/20131214/NEWS/312149803

Burgundy said:
As a serious answer, I prefer gentle daily exfoliation via hot-cloth cleansing; i.e. with a soft flannel or muslin and whichever face soap you prefer. The missus studies dermatology and is heavily into beauty/cosmetic products, and she's critical of abrasive 'scrubs' like St. Ives. I happily use soap that's marketed for women - skin's skin after all - so I'd probably recommend either this, this or this 'cleanser' - going from least to most expensive.
The Liz Earle is the business and they do a men's. It's in a manly bottle. Not so baby-blue.

I've tried a few and am currently using Bulldog face scrub. IMO it performs better than comparable products that are significantly more expensive (e.g. Clarins active face scrub).
I particularly like that it has natural ingredients (pumice and coconut shell to exfoliate and shea butter to moisturise) and offers great value for money (currently on Amazon for £2.64).

The Real Shaving Company have changed their packaging which means you can pick up their face scrub with the old packaging in Poundland at the moment. I've not tried it yet but for a pound, it's got to be worth a go.

My two pence worth I think it is important to use quality face products - it is your face after all. I swear by kiehls products similar price to Clinique but damn good products. The scrub typically lasts me around 6 months using it at least 3 times a week. Need literally a 10p size and goes along way. I also use their face wash and use this at least twice a day - a large bottle will last me 6 months - again a small amount is required. I suggest you find your local kiehls and pop in and ask fOr some samples of the mens products - you will never look back. For a 80 year old I have the skin of 10 year old :)

Back
Top Bottom