Royal Mail

Been buying ~1$(<£) items from China. Fountain pens, charms, etc) the items include postage, and tracking free.
Arrive in ~1wk or <. Doesn't seem right!

UPS are no better, stayed in Monday waiting for a phone to be collected. Phoned UPS after the time slot had passed to be told the driver has it in his van. Sodding strange I told the woman at their "customer don't give sh*t line" as I have it in my hand. So your driver is a lying twat, was collected the following day right at the beginning of the time slot by a very quiet driver.........

Royal Mail managed to "loose" my NSRA certificate and photo ID card recently. Why they would want to steal that I'll never know.

All you get though is more or less a shrug of the shoulders and a "should of sent it recorded " whilst I use recorded I simply feel once I. Their hands it should be delivered. Once in their hands if it goes missing in my opinion one of them has stolen it.

Some years ago, when I was a penniless (and feckless) student I got a temporary job working on the Christmas post in a sorting office. It was quite an eye opener. Bullying, laziness, drunkeness on the job - all seemed to be tolerated. Any pieces of post that missed the giant skips simply laid untouched on the floor. It was quite a few years ago and I was only there for a couple of weeks, so it may have been a different experience away from the madness of Christmas.

jds said:
Some years ago, when I was a penniless (and feckless) student I got a temporary job working on the Christmas post in a sorting office. It was quite an eye opener. Bullying, laziness, drunkeness on the job - all seemed to be tolerated. Any pieces of post that missed the giant skips simply laid untouched on the floor. It was quite a few years ago and I was only there for a couple of weeks, so it may have been a different experience away from the madness of Christmas.

I was talking to one of the posties I know. He as saying our postie isn't liked and he's a lazy bugger. Almost weekly we don't get a delivery as they have little or no cover for him. The whole system needs a good shake up.

Post Office counters need it too. About time they had longer hours 8:00 till 8:00 so people working can access the mail they missed delivery of. Our local one has a half day and closes for lunch, a crap service with antiquated hours.

Ordered a Digress which was very promptly dispatched on Friday afternoon. Was hoping it would arrive on Saturday as I live in Edinburgh and it's point of origin, Dundee, is not very far away.
Alas it did not arrive so resigned myself to a Monday delivery.
Guess what, still waiting :-(

Rebec911 said:
Ordered a Digress which was very promptly dispatched on Friday afternoon. Was hoping it would arrive on Saturday as I live in Edinburgh and it's point of origin, Dundee, is not very far away.
Alas it did not arrive so resigned myself to a Monday delivery.
Guess what, still waiting :-(

I expect your postie is trying it out, if he arrives with it tomorrow all covered in nicks you'll know he didn't like it. Other wise give it a swish under the tap.

Seriously though hope it arrives safe and sound soon.

What winds me up is our local collection office has changed it's times til 0830-1230 which means if you work you are not picking up your parcel

We'll I've just gone over to myhermes for posting my night vision hunting cameras out all good up till now

1st class package sent Monday 28th Singed For.

Guess where it is?

https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item
Tracking number: BZ166435235GB

But when I call them they don't know where it is, as I am told "Signed for" is not "Tracked". My reply was that is funny because it also apears that 1st class is also no longer 1st class!

How and why they still carry the "Royal" is beyond me, you would think the Royal family would want nothing to do with such shambles of a company.

TNT where are you? Please take over the Royal Mail and sort it out, you know, as you did with the Dutch postal service.

n1vlo said:
my review on royal mail special delivery...

WHAT A LOAD OF PHOOKIN SHYTE

THERE SAID IT

Northam Saint said:
And it's getting worse as this thread goes on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2719980/Post-boxes-emptied-3pm-day-Royal-Mail-brings-forward-collection-times-middle-afternoon.html

It seems to me that Moya Greene and her comrades are up to CEO get rich tricks again, pay themselves hansomly while running what could be a good business into the ground. Rather than reducing costs they should be asking why is Royal Mails letter volumes dropping and what can we do to get that business back. Just a wild thought but one suggestion might be to improve customer services as a starting point. A business that focuses on its customers can only be a good thing right? :icon_rolleyes:

From what I see on our rounds we have a couple of workers. But our regular roundsman let's them down. Today he's obviously off, so the young lad who normally does the parcels has done his parcel round and then gone back for the letters. He knocked the door with a few small parcels and then came back with another that had slipped to the bottom of the bag. Our regular one wouldn't of bothered.

My NSRA cert never turned up do they sent a duplicate. What concerns me a little is they send ID cards which you stick your own picture in. This means that someone somewhere could of put their picture in and could potentially be going around with my details on a NSRA ID card.

Back
Top Bottom