Royal Mail

Wish I had read Darron's post earlier.
Don't understand how signed for cannot be tracked. It has a bar code that is scanned.

The parcel I sent seems to be lost. Have to wait 15days before I can make a claim.

Futha Muckers.

Wait until you have experienced PostNL, our Dutch postal service. Some of my experiences with international shipping by Royal Mail have been more positive than with national shipping by PostNL. You would think that a package would go faster from Enschede to Breda than from Stowmarket to Breda. And you would think that the national mail would be cheaper too. Wrong on both accounts (at least some of the time).

Royal Mail once delivered three packages, but as I was at work they popped them into my black wheelie bin, pushing a card through my letter box. They were figuring that I was at work and back in the evening. Sadly I was on leave for two weeks and the council emptied the bin whilst I was away.

RM insisted that their records stated that the packages had been delivered and washed their hands of the matter. No compensation, "our records say delivered Sir. Not our problem."

Across quite literally hundreds of packages sent and received over the last couple of years, just two have not worked out. One, I strongly believe the buyer was just taking the piss, the other, I don't know.

Prices are quite excellent when compared with other postal services worldwide, certainly so when sending abroad.

Yup, only had good service from RM. Although the service level has been degraded in recent years, it's still a great institution IMO. A friend in Germany is still awaiting parcels held up by strikes by their national postal service from about two months ago.

It seems to me that Moya Greene and her comrades are up to CEO get rich tricks again, pay themselves hansomly while running what could be a good business into the ground. Rather than reducing costs they should be asking why is Royal Mails letter volumes dropping and what can we do to get that business back. Just a wild thought but one suggestion might be to improve customer services as a starting point. A business that focuses on its customers can only be a good thing right? :icon_rolleyes:

Just look at Moya Greene's record when she was head of Canada Post. Among other things she did away with home delivery in favour of community mail boxes in new ares and the suburbs and her legacy continues. The price of mailing anything went through the roof and continues to do so. But, in fairness, I have to say that neither The Royal Mail nor Canada Post has plumbed the depth of abysmal service that USPS has...not yet.

I receive and send mail regular from the UK to the USA Japan and Europe I've never had a problem including over 400 clean sales as a buyer and seller on Ebay I always send first class recorded and special delivery, I rate USPS and the very best is Japanese post I get items shipped and delivered from Japan within 5 days for for £11 tracked and signed for, I also have a good relationship with my Postman he will even post my item and sign for it if it will fit through the letter box.

Likewise, my Posties will sign for me and drop into our agreed safe place. The Keighley Home Delivery Network man (Russell, who delivers eBay via USPS, Yodel, etc) is a good egg, too.

Of other services I have been sent to via, only twice have I bought from Slovenia and in both cases delivery was astonishing quick! So much so, I took notice ... twice. Now, here's a little news: Krampert's Finest is to be made under license by a factory in Slovenia, so be confident in your purchases chaps; their postal service is very good! Well, it has been for me anyway, twice, which is 100% of my experience :D

I receive and send mail regular from the UK to the USA Japan and Europe I've never had a problem including over 400 clean sales as a buyer and seller on Ebay I always send first class recorded and special delivery, I rate USPS and the very best is Japanese post I get items shipped and delivered from Japan within 5 days for for £11 tracked and signed for, I also have a good relationship with my Postman he will even post my item and sign for it if it will fit through the letter box.

Whatever you do don't let RM themselves know how happy you are with this arrangement - He'll be straight down the job centre!

That said I've sent around 600-800 items out in the last year and of them two have gone missing and one was damaged. One of the missing one's was sent to a large NHS building so there's a chance it may have fell through the cracks of the internal postage system. I'm very happy with those percentages where genuine human error is always a possibility.

The "Special Delivery" service is excellent and very competitively priced when compared to similar timed delivery services.

Had a couple of problems recently:

1) Recieved a brush in the post that was pretty mashed up.

2) Postie left a package in my bin. On bin day. Red card with smilie face just rubbed it in.

2a) What the f*uck time do posties and bin men come? About 3pm in my street!

There's a whole lot of sorting and transporting before ever an item gets to the local office. Most sorting of parcels is airbourne - one can become quite accurate in a relatively short time. Rugby players excel!

Aye - if a delicate item is the first into the drop bag then you can pretty much guarantee something heavy will follow.

My latest run in involved a jiffy bag containing some Sputniks from unuta somehow becoming half covered with what looks like cooking fat or some other form of greasy liquid. No idea whether it happened here or in Russia. Fortunately the blades were well wrapped inside and stayed crud free.

Back
Top Bottom