S.O.T.D Saturday 1 November to Friday 7 November 2014

Wednesday 5th November

SOTD51114_zpse62d1c2b.jpg

Warm shower
Hot towel
Wickham Super Smooth Spice Trade bowl lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette Old Type (Made in Canada 1920's)
Astra SP (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Old Spice Sensitive aftershave

Cold water splash
Haslinger Schafmilch
TGN 24mm Finest in Commodore X3 handle
ATT M2 Kronos
Wizamet Iridium Super (3)
Myrsol Emulsion
Speick EDT

Got distracted and overloaded my brush... had enough lather for 5-6 passes :D

[attachment=12249]
Bohin/UFO
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Muhle Retro Silvertip
Fitjar Nyasha Black Pre-Shave Soap
Cold River Soap Works - Almond
Acqua Di Parma Collezione Barbiere Aftershave
Frederic Malle L'eau D'hiver EDT

Attachments

• bohin.jpg
    bohin.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 11
Re: RE: S.O.T.D Saturday 1 November to Friday 7 November 2014

joe mcclaine said:
Headshave ...

Gillette Fusion Proglide Flexball
L'Oreal shaving gel

Now, it's Buffalo jacket on and off out for a massive pig cob (bun, roll, bap) and to watch the fireworks.

Remember kids, don't throw bangers and don't pick up sparklers!
How is this flexball compares with the regular fusion facewise Vinny?

Insanity class to open the pores

4 day beard
Hot shower
Thater 2 band fan
Tabula Rasa Vetiver and Tangerine
Weber DLC (with 4 shims, yes 4!)
Polsilver SI (3)
Myrsol F-Extra

Nice shave, not sure on the croap, first time out. May need a brush with less backbone. Probably needed more product too.

Weber I acquired a while ago, the shave was aweful compared to my polished. Reminded by someone that it was sat at the back of my drawer a couple of weeks ago, so decided to experiment.

4 shims under the blade and it produced a comfortable, smooth BBS shave similar to my polished Weber with no shim.

I think it is possible the DLC coating is ultra thick on this specimen. I tried with two shims before giving up, around June time. First pass with 4 shims was a little scary, but it worked fine!

Post shave feel is superb, think the combination of Tabula and Myrsol could be a hit!

Enjoy your evening watching things blow up!!

Hippo said:
I hate you! Now I want a Gem Junior Bar!!!! :)

Well this'll make you hate me more. It was my first SE and it came chucked in with a DE razor that I actually wanted. I'd never seen this SE razor before. It came in pretty good nick just a loss of chrome on the sides of the "bar". BigRon told me I need not look any further for an SE and he was right. It's my favourite SE with my Ever Ready 1912 (England) taking second place, followed by 1914, 1924 and Damaskeene.
Unfortunately the Junior Bars seem to be quite rare and only show up occasionally on eBay (often misnamed). One came up on eBay a few days ago in the US for £25.46 but not much else.

One weeks growth
Filarmonica sub-cero
NF tubby 2
Murdock pre shave oil
Castle Forbes Lavender cream
TOBS no. 74 aftershave
Castle Forbes Lavender balm

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415218486386.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415218486386.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 14
Arko Stick
Semogue 830
Progress [1]
PAL Hollow Grind [1]
Gillette Moisturiser

Holy cow the PAL blades are ROUGH! A couple of swipes and it had to go in the bin. They are a thick blade with little flex, quite different to others..
Swapped in the Supermax Super Platinum and all was forgiven. What a great blade!
PAL Blades if you're brave!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201186996444?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

rowlers said:
Arko Stick
Semogue 830
Progress [1]
PAL Hollow Grind [1]
Gillette Moisturiser

Holy cow the PAL blades are ROUGH! A couple of swipes and it had to go in the bin. They are a thick blade with little flex, quite different to others..
Swapped in the Supermax Super Platinum and all was forgiven. What a great blade!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201186996444?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

yes they are :D i bought some a few year back, theyre horrendous. felt like they were catching hold of my whiskers and dragging them out.

rowlers said:

Would they make a good shim? The other day I was wondering what blades are the thickest to make the most effective shim; "thick blade with little flex" sounds like shimmy goodness.

isaiah53 said:
rowlers said:
Arko Stick
Semogue 830
Progress [1]
PAL Hollow Grind [1]
Gillette Moisturiser

yes they are :D i bought some a few year back, theyre horrendous. felt like they were catching hold of my whiskers and dragging them out.

NotTheStig said:
I haven't checked but they may still hold the record on my blades spreadsheet as the worst blade.
Deffo, the worst blade I've tried. WTT trade for some Lab blues?
:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

EDIT - -7 on the chart. At the BOTTOM - 1 less than the Treet durasharp.

fancontroller said:
rowlers said:

Would they make a good shim? The other day I was wondering what blades are the thickest to make the most effective shim; "thick blade with little flex" sounds like shimmy goodness.
Quite possibly, twice the thickness or normal I'd say...

Back
Top Bottom