S.O.T.D. Saturday 11th Febuary to Friday 17th Febuary 2017

Greetings Ross

You are quite correct, of course I did know that anyway; 99% of all the good people of Norfolk observe it without fail every year, the peppermint street parties here are just huge! Might I suggest that you tell your young lad that it's take your pet newt to school day this Monday! I am beginning to believe that these 'National Celebration Days' are invented by people who get a thrill if 'their day' makes it to Google! :rolleyes:

Regards
Dick.
Ha ha ha, that's brilliant Dick. My eldest is gutted now, as it's half term next week & more importantly I guess, he doesn't have a pet newt!

3ea9dfa6963ca5eae3860eea7b39aa84.jpg

RR Plossoft
Haslinger Schalfmilch
Standard
PSSI
Nivea Sensitive ASB

Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk

Hi,

These are made under licence in St Petersburg. I got these from the Gentleman's Groom Room in Dundee. http://www.thegentlemansgroomroom.com/products/gillette-nacet-platinum-de-razor-blades

Also picked up the stainless steel Nacet's to try out.

Hope this helps,

Chris
Yes, thank you. That explains the difference in packaging. I found the other blades in the purple and white packaging (stainless) to be very good indeed, I hope you also feel the same. Paul.

Sat 11th Feb
Omega 11137 boar
Faena Sandalwood
Ever Ready Natural Angle ( HFT )
Gem S/S ( 4 )
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Myrsol Antesol A/S lotion

Got it right with the HFT today,felt so easy to handle after an outing with a Lather Catcher. An excellent lather made it a smooth shave , which also was ultra close, as I was able to do essential polishing up strokes without any problems.

IMG_1157.jpg

SOTD_20170211.png

• Pre-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Oil
  • Straight Razor: Jean A Paris
  • Shaving Brush: L'Occitane - Plisson (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary Edition
  • Alum: De Vergulde Hand - Alum Block
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary - Balm

Evening gents,

Well it's been 5 days without shaving as I had some irritation on my neck that didn't go away. Sorted now though and boy was I looking forward to this one... Something a bit special.

@Acer89 and I occasionally send each other stuff to try out, he surpassed himself this time. A veritable treasure trove of goodies to try, the highlight of which being the unobtainable King Cobra razor. What a gent and what a razor. It's a bit of a beast with a big heavy handle, but it feels well balanced in the hand and comfortable in use. I didn't actually want to like this razor, I don't like enjoying things I am very much unlikely to own. How could I not like it though?

I lathered up CRSW with my Duke 3 brush, a brush that I'm still not fully warmed up to yet, it just isn't as enjoyable as my others at the moment, but I'm persisting, I know it'll reward me eventually. None the less a great lather was built and the KC was loaded up with the Kai MG blade with one use to its name.

The angle is ridiculously intuitive, very easy to find and the first stroke had me smiling, 5 days of whiskers seemingly disappeared. I knew this was going to be a good shave and it really was. It grips so well. You can hold it in a couple of different ways, but my pinky found its home at the base of the razor for most of the shave. Two passes and I'm smooth, refreshed and happy. Just a great shave. Loved it. Picture below and enjoy the rest of your weekend gents... Screw you James :p

img_20170211_175321-01-jpeg.8039

Saturday 11th February 2017

Sat 11th Feb.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Razorock Hawk with stainless steel handle
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (#4)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver Tip
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Baskerville
AS: Williams Aqua Velva

After running an Iridium Super DE blade for 9 consecutive shaves switching to the Razorock Hawk and Feather Pro Guard with 3 previous shaves was quite a difference. Needless to say the result was fantastic, smooth and clean shaven. This is the first shave using the stainless steel handle I picked up for the Hawk and I really liked the heavier handle, the Hawk works perfectly well with the original handle as well.

The Baskerville soap took some effort to get a decent lather using a bowl as suggested by P&B, and I have to say I still think the scent is that of stripped wallpaper, which is OK as I quite like it.

Back
Top Bottom