S.O.T.D. Saturday 11th Febuary to Friday 17th Febuary 2017

Sxv3FvPh.jpg

Ahhhh, making the most of a child free morning with a nice & slow shave, followed by a coffee & of course a bit of a lie-in. Shout out to my in-laws!

Sunday...

Soap - The Gentleman's Groom Room Highland Bothy
Brush - Semogue 1470
Face lather
Razor - Star 1912
Blade - Gem Personna
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal
Smell - Trumper's Eucris EdT

Second outing for the Star and I was pleasantly surprised. The first time, I found it far too mild and didn't give a good finish at all. It was like using a different razor today, so clearly it was operator error last time. Still on the mild side, but a nice smooth finish, albeit with one wee bit of burn on the neck, where I got carried away during ATG. So, not BBS, but definitely DFS (apologies for the acronyms).

The Highland Bothy is a great soap, imo; and the vetiver notes layer really well with those of the Eucris.

Happy Sunday, everyone.
20170212_111312.jpg

Sunday...

Brush - Semogue 1470
Face lather
Razor - Star 1912
Blade - Gem Personna

Second outing for the Star and I was pleasantly surprised. The first time, I found it far too mild and didn't give a good finish at all. It was like using a different razor today, so clearly it was operator error last time. Still on the mild side, but a nice smooth finish, albeit with one wee bit of burn on the neck, where I got carried away during ATG. So, not BBS, but definitely DFS (apologies for the acronyms).

The Highland Bothy is a great soap, imo; and the vetiver notes layer really well with those of the Eucris.

Happy Sunday, everyone.
View attachment 23532

+1 on the shelter in the hills (Highland bothy)

My first post in this section so be gentle! :D

18FE2508-E064-4ED6-B240-6B103678DD7E_zpstn95pyle.jpg

Omega 81064 boar brush
TFS Zagara Intenso soap
Slim Adjustable on 6
Gillette Rubio blade
Nivea sensitive balm
L'Oreal hydra energetic

This was my first 3 pass shave for a few days after massive neck irritation using a new razor and wearing a collar and tie.

Super close shave with just a modicum of neck soreness. The brush was on its first outing today and I'm hugely impressed, it's my second Omega and my fourth boar.

Edited to add, I hate photobucket, I had rotated and saved the photo!!!!!

Sunday 12 February 2017

uzF3WnGLy6oZyaTURMcqAVCfVoTQF2jzWVf0wiaapEwwJqI15oyhHbeJDyKjQcg-QZoJKv4qooJVjjFN8hFUbGe-OOcxUdeeuQ=w1920-h1080-no

Grifetto Rules!

Mastro Livi Grifetto is an outstanding straight razor. The more I use it, the more I like it. It gives a super smooth and close shave for an outstanding BBS! The more I use Grifetto, the more I am convinced this is a great straight razor both for beginners and experienced shavers alike. Not to mention the fact it the "Grifetto" name is a tribute to Perugia - the city where I live in - and its coat of arms (the mighty Gryphon!) and, of course, it is also the city where Mastro Livi lives in. I also wanted to use the beautiful Mastro Livi Club 2016 Shave Brush to celebrate the new "Mastro Livi Club Straight Razor 2017" initiative. I am sure this year too Mastro Livi will surprise us with another beautiful and magnificent straight razor! What a great shave!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Musgo Real Shaving Cream Orange Amber
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Club 2016 Super Silvertip Badger, Poplar and Black Ebony, 26mm Knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Grifetto, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: P.160 Professional Ambre Dorée

Sunday...

Brush - Semogue 1470
Face lather
Razor - Star 1912
Blade - Gem Personna

Happy Sunday, everyone.
View attachment 23532
A lovely looking brush, I was thinking of purchasing a 1470, not that I need another but that has never stopped me before! :)

My first post in this section so be gentle! :D

18FE2508-E064-4ED6-B240-6B103678DD7E_zpstn95pyle.jpg

Omega 81064 boar brush
TFS Zagara Intenso soap
Slim Adjustable on 6
Gillette Rubio blade
Nivea sensitive balm
L'Oreal hydra energetic

This was my first 3 pass shave for a few days after massive neck irritation using a new razor and wearing a collar and tie.

Super close shave with just a modicum of neck soreness. The brush was on its first outing today and I'm hugely impressed, it's my second Omega and my fourth boar.

Edited to add, I hate photobucket, I had rotated and saved the photo!!!!!
Well done on your first SOTD post, I hope there will be more to follow. :)

Sun 12th Feb

Omega 11126 boar
Haslinger Honig
Schick I 1
Schick single [1-Japan ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Though a nice Shave, not quite as planned. Had intended to use a Twin, but due to similar packaging chose the wrong one and loaded a Japanese single. Not too much of a problem as I had not used one before in this Razor.

The Shave was smooth with just the right amount of blade feel , assuring one that the Razor was doing its job. The overall finish was good all-round, and i suffered no mishaps. The Razor/Blade combination would most likely suit those with heavier beard growth , as well as those who shave infrequently.

IMG_1158.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom