S.O.T.D - Saturday 13th September to Friday 19th September

MONDAY EVENING

Pre: Tepid rinse
Soap: Mikes Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Brush: Semogue Cerba Boar
Razor: Sheffield full hollow ground 6/8 straight \ Henckels Henso
Blade: Rapira

WTG and XTG passes with the straight and ATG pass with the DE yielded very good results indeed. Am trying to use the straight every day now to build up muscle memory (though won't be stopping with safety razors).

First go with the Zirh too. Not sure if I like it. It's very, very thick!

First attempt at shaving before an early start for work since switching to proper wet shaving

Hot shower
Arko
Pure badger brush
Durham duplex razor
Boots Freshwood AS
Arko Classic cream

Nice to have a break for the norm, to which you can't go wrong with Cella and the fantastic Almond scent! Two passes face lathered and all finished off with lashings of Aquatonic and now smelling youthful.

xy19_eb0_u2sja.jpg

Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: 1902 - Wickham Soap Co. - Hard soap prototype
Brush: El Druida redwood handle, 26mm synthetic
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: Rapira Swedish supersteel (4)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by Village Barber balm and Penhaligon's Opus 1870
The 1902 soap whipped up loads of thick cushiony lather. Slickness was OK, but not on par with the Super Smooth. Blade was on the way out, but the soap coped well for a nick-free 3-pass CCS.
IMG_20140915_191051.jpg

Greetings

Tuesday 17th september 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Joseph Elliot 6/8
Brush: Semogue Mistura
Soap: Tabac Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: CK Obsession

Today I got an insight into just how good a straight razor shave can be in terms of closeness, I had previously, genuinely (but erroneously) thought that it was not possible to get as close a shave from a straight as a SE or DE razor.

Whilst not all of my shave is perfect there are parts that are and this has given me real encouragement, I still have a very long way to go but I feel I am making progress especially with my use of my left hand and the backward strokes.... I have just realised that sounds like some bizarre BDSM ritual!

Regards
Dick

IMG_0690.JPG

Tuesday xvi September, 2014

Prep: Hot shower, Zirh Alpha Hydroxy Face Wash
Pre: Splash of cold water
Brush: Neep Elm Burl Pater
Soap: Jabonman Neroli - Menta - Pomelo
Razor: Standard Black
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum #2
Fragrance: Knize Forest Toilet Water

Result: No complaints whatsoever. The Neep and the Jabonman work splendidly in tandem.

All the best,

Jon

Sapone : Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge
Pennello : Simpson M7 2 band in Silvertip Briar
Rasoio : Hart Steel 6/8
Strop : Paciccella in Cordovan
AS : Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel
EDT : Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel

image.php

image.php

Mr_Smartepants said:
Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: 1902 - Wickham Soap Co. - Hard soap prototype
Brush: El Druida redwood handle, 26mm synthetic
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: Rapira Swedish supersteel (4)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by Village Barber balm and Penhaligon's Opus 1870
The 1902 soap whipped up loads of thick cushiony lather. Slickness was OK, but not on par with the Super Smooth. Blade was on the way out, but the soap coped well for a nick-free 3-pass CCS.
IMG_20140915_191051.jpg

Hi Erik I like what you have done with the creation of the label, it does not look out of place at all. Looks good indeed. :D

Tuesday morning shave:

Kent T4
Castle Forbes Lavender SC
Filly 13 DT, white scales
Zirh Soothe ASB
YSL Rive Gauche EdT (old tin can type)

Super cool shave today. The Zirh works very well as an ASB

Prep: Shower and hot wash with dove soap.
Soap: Professor Blighty's Hyperion
Brush: Vie-Long Horse hair
Razor: Kropp 6/8, 1966 Gillette slim adjustable (4)
Blade: Astra SP(3)

Nice 2 pass on cheeks and sideburn area with kropp, taking care to get angle and the right amount of pressure then finishing with the Gillette. Nice and smooth, no irritation or cuts/weepers at all. Rinse with cold water then finish with some of the Prof's post shave tonic. Very nice indeed. I have now come to the end of my Astra blades so I am going to try the Gillette Silver Blues (Russia) in my adjustable for the next shave.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom