S.O.T.D Saturday 14th October - Friday 20th October 2017

Yes these darn carbon blades are crazy smooth, use twice and toss but if comfortable shave is your top priority above all else I'd say that 8-10p a blade is worth it.
They are surprisingly smooth & sharp,..i shall be using them more often in my de blade rotation..
whatever the blade either aggressive or non-aggressive i now use it twice and then it's binned, i know for sure that i could get maybe 3-4 shaves from 1 blade, but i've got a boat load of blades 'mainly russian made ones' that will last me for years , that's the main reason why i bin them after two, 3 pass + pickups shaves..Besides that, DE blades are dirt cheap to buy anyway.

Last edited:
Greetings All,

Thursday pm shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: E&C West Indian Lime shaving cream
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4P)
Blade: Shark SS (5th)
Brush:Omega 641 Silvertip (bowl lather)

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, then Proraso aftershave Green and Nivea Sensitive Cooling Balm.

Pre-holiday shave ready for my long flight tomorrow (frolicking in Florida with the family). 3 awesome passes – the Shark blade just keeps on giving and the lather was just perfect.

Not sure if I will be online much so enjoy your weekend, Gents

Only downside, forgot to pre-order some shaving stuff to be there when I arrive, BUT did pre-order some comics SO not all bad :oops:

Cheers,

Brian
Enjoy your Family Holiday mate, have a safe flight...The Shark SS will be waiting for you on your return.;)

Last edited:
untitled%201%20of%201-37_zpsmczkbs6h.jpg

TIMELESS BRONZE/GSB :: SHAVEMAC UNIQUE :: CRSW :: ST. JAMES' AS

Evening shave.

BBA Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
Vitos Green.
Maseto 30mm 2 Band Finest.
Little Wren Pottery.
The General in Brass.
Proline P-20 (2).
Thayers Witch Hazel (cucumber).
Old Spice Aftershave.
Aloe Vera Gel.

I have had some fantastic shaves recently and this was right up there with the very best. First time using the Vitos and it was exceptional. How much does it cost? I have some Red on the way but I will be happily surprised if it is better than the Green. Have a good evening chaps.

Thursday...

Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Star 1912
Blade - Gem SS
Post - Thayer's
Smell - Speick after Shave

I don't often use this 1912. It's the mildest of my 1912 family. That said, it gave a damn decent shave. There was a little blade chatter; but it didn't detract from the shave. This one is probably the oldest of my razors and was undoubtedly made for the wedge type blades (I remember shimming it a while ago and it made no difference).

It didn't have much to mow down today, thanks to yesterday's Feather AC SS/Super combo. Still, three passes, a wee touch up and all's well.
B727E028-3821-41E6-AEC7-590E9D6E9173.jpeg

Razorock 400
Wickham 1912 Irish Fern
Rockwell 6C plate 3
Treet Carbon (1)
Homemade lime witch hazel
Wickham 1912 Irish Fern Balm
Oud 24 EdP

Cracking three pass shave tonight.
Very smooth combo, plate 3 and carbon blade.
I hadn't used the Irish Fern soap and balm for a while, I'm pleased I did. They never fail to deliver.
Man flu still has a grip on my senses, but I can faintly smell the Oud 24.

Razorock 400
Wickham 1912 Irish Fern
Rockwell 6C plate 3
Treet Carbon (1)
Homemade lime witch hazel
Wickham 1912 Irish Fern Balm
Oud 24 EdP

Cracking three pass shave tonight.
Very smooth combo, plate 3 and carbon blade.
I hadn't used the Irish Fern soap and balm for a while, I'm pleased I did. They never fail to deliver.
Man flu still has a grip on my senses, but I can faintly smell the Oud 24.
Nice set up Paul,
I am yet to use the Treet Carbon and it sounds like I am missing on something.

Sotd - Thursday 19/10

Razor - Gem MM OC brass
blade - ER Corrux (4)
brush - Wee Scot tortoiseshell
soap - RazoRock Puros tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Extro Tabacco
balm - BBA.

Result - top end.

My first domestic shave since being away - four day's growth to come off. All my home kit in front of me to choose from. Nice. No restrictions - no self imposed austerity shaves or product testing to allow for. Where to start? I'm home alone tonight so I could have a good mimsy about and a soap sniff here and there to make up my mind. The RR Puros won hands down, tallow based and a strong scent. Matched with the Extro - perfect. Thanks to P. for mentioning the Wee Scot earlier - I think that I left too much water in the knot initially - when I applied the brush to the tub and started loading - within seconds the lather was spewing everywhere, a small scale replica of an Ibiza foam party. Too wet and aerated. No problem - keep loading. Sorted. The ratio of water to soap shifts in your favour. I've been lucky recently to pick up - or have been gifted - three vintage single edges - my first razors of this type - a Schick, 1912 and the Gem used tonight. I'd like to spend more time using them to understand their full potential. They all worked 'straight out of the box' for me but I think a fuller understanding of their capabilities would be rewarding. In the case of the Schick - picking up two packs of new twin-blades cost nearly the initial price of the razor, so - worth pursuing. The MM gives me such a good shave - real heft and presence in the hand. Perfectly balanced. An engineering marvel. BBS in my usual two hybrid passes. A spot of the excellent BBA balm and job done. It's got dragon's blood in it, don't you know? My face feels awesome and I smell lovely - even if I do say so myself as there's nobody else here to tell me that. I enjoyed that thoroughly - I hope you all enjoy your shaves too. Yours - I.

Apart from the one I live with.....I've never seen a Welsh Dragon.

B. - ha ha. Speak to @Wayne Pritchard - your fellow countryman. He assures me that no dragons are hurt in the process. It's like horse hair brushes, it's a by product of the normal care and hygiene considerations you would expect extended to any farmed free-range dragon. Other people say that dragon's blood is the sap extracted from an African tree - but that is just fanciful? There are plenty of dragons on the flags? Ha ha. Yours - I.

Back
Top Bottom