S.O.T.D. Saturday 15th June to Friday 21th June 2013 ...

Holiday evening shave

Shower with darling two year old daughter
Face lather with Jabonman's Lime, Pepper & menthol & Frank shaving pure Badger travel brush
Shave with the Ikon 2pb loaded with a Gillette yellow on it's second outing.
Splash of Thayer's Medicated WH, splash of 4711, liberal application of Liz Earle ASB

Result : Some strange things going on with holiday shaving. Loads more weepers than usual. Blades feeling dull & draught after one shave. Oh well. All smooth in the end. Now off to mini disco with my budding Darcey Bussell.

See you all soon

Jon

Audio: James Bond Audio Book - Moonraker
Prep: Shower
Soft: Palmolive Shave Stick
Brush: Wilkinson Sword
Hard: EJ89 Barley + Astra SP (Day 3)
Cologne: Thierry Mugler Amen

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Simpsons rebranded best
'Webly'/Razi Super Stainless Steel
Surrey SS (older tallow based pre VDH reformulation)
Neutrogena oil free moisture
Dior 'Eau Sauvage' EdT (vintage juice with lots of crispy citrus notes still around)

Some thoughtful member was nice enough to send me out the Razi blades a while back and I remembered using one previously with good results. They called to me once again yesterday and the last few shaves have been with that. Much better than usual blade, with a beautiful presentation when unwrapping it. Heh, no glue spots either. I can't comment on longevity at the moment.

BBS results,

Martin

THURSDAY EVENING

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Gillette Parat
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Muhle V2 synthetic
Cream: GFT Sandalwood\Wilkinson Sword superlather - mug lathered

Got more weepers with this than the bloody kamisori! Uber smooth though, and the weepers closed easily enough with a bit of witch hazel.

THURSDAY EVENING

Got more weepers with this than the bloody kamisori!
[/quote]

Well it serves you damn right,

Yeah, I saw you taunting me with the Cobra in that other thread. You think I don't know you were purposely talking to stir Kong up even more. Sheeesh.

Mart

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: English NEW LC (Rhodium) with UFO Kaiser Short
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Neep 26mm (48mm Loft) Stone Extra Silvertip #1283
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue Splash

A lovely, 2 pass, cold water, face lather shave.

DRH Soap creates an awesome lather! I might have another software clear out.

dodgy said:
Well it serves you damn right,

Yeah, I saw you taunting me with the Cobra in that other thread. You think I don't know you were purposely talking to stir Kong up even more. Sheeesh.

Mart

Mart, Mart, Mart. As one silverback aficionado to another sometimes we just have to give in to the furry critters.

You'll thank me in the long run when you're getting fantabulous shaves from your Cobra whilst admiring your squadron of UFO handles.

Remember I'm only trying to help.

Ingrams brushless ("green")
Gillette Contour with Chinese Vector Plus cartridge
Avon Rugger a/s (today's acquisition which looks like a DE razor).

The cream works well although I've used it twice and about a third of the tube us now gone (it does not lather of course). The cartridge for this handle I bought with some DE blades from Mister Tao some time back and it's the first cartridge I've used from that purchase. Feels scrapey but doesn't leave soreness it irritation and two passes plusses touch ups gives near BBS. Aftershave didn't hurt either.
Good result.

Gillette SuperSpeed
Personna Med Prep (1)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Palmolive Classic stick
Proraso Aftershave balm
Simple Rich moisturiser
Diptyque Vetyverio edt

Travel kit. Taken 50 Year 9s to Belgium and France to visit the WW1 battlefields and memorials. Off to Passchendaele and Tynecot today.

Friday

Merkur 15c OC
Red Personna SS (1)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
Ingram's Cream

Nivea ASB
Forest Fresh AS

Three pass, face lather.

All this talk of OC razors caused me to dash - impetuously - to my razor collection and this came out first. A cracking little razor.

Delighted! Very smooth and cool, erm, a bit like me.

:blush:

Prep: Hot shower (well, the little hot water that's left after a teenager)
Brush: M&F blondie
Razor: Bengall
Soap: Cella
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime (Shulton blend)
Edt: Penhaligon's Castile
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

The other day I raved about Feather being an excellent shaver, I'll be damned if this razor ain't as good a shaver as my Feather SS non folding :D

Today it's Midsummer day here in Sweden and it's as big a holiday here as X-mas (really), lot's of dancing around a pole and so ... and the girls put 7 different kind of flowers under their pillows and dream of their future husband and we dream about them, without flowers. This's typical how it looks _everywhere_ in Sweden today:
TN_Midsommar_2_449320v530x800.jpg

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Kropp 6/8", black horn scales, restored by UKRob
Brush: Simpson Tulip T2 in two-band Super
Soap: Trumper's Eucris

Greetings

Friday 21st June 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM OCMM
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Cream: La Toja
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A wonderful shave from (what is IMHO) the King of safety razors.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04427.JPG

Mikael said:
Prep: Hot shower (well, the little hot water that's left after a teenager)
Brush: M&F blondie
Razor: Bengall
Soap: Cella
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime (Shulton blend)
Edt: Penhaligon's Castile
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

The other day I raved about Feather being an excellent shaver, I'll be damned if this razor ain't as good a shaver as my Feather SS non folding :D

Today it's Midsummer day here in Sweden and it's as big a holiday here as X-mas (really), lot's of dancing around a pole and so ... and the girls put 7 different kind of flowers under their pillows and dream of their future husband and we dream about them, without flowers. This's typical how it looks _everywhere_ in Sweden today:
TN_Midsommar_2_449320v530x800.jpg

Enjoy :)

Back
Top Bottom