S.O.T.D. Saturday 15th June to Friday 21th June 2013 ...

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Cobra Classic / Feather Pro
H L Thäter 4125/00
The Body Shop Maca Root Cream
Proraso A/S
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes

A most satisfying shave with the cobra, this lump of brass works so well for me. Probably gonna try one of Marks Dorco blades in her the next time out, possibly even tomorrow as I enjoyed todays shave so much.

Friday:

LEA Mentholated cream
Omega silvertip
Ever Ready Streamline
Gem blade
Witch Hazel
Barbershop Bay Rum

Another top job from the Streamline.

Friday morning

Gillette face wash
Proraso pre
New Forest 1901 brush
Arko moist cream
Gillette aristocrat no. 66
Gllette 7 o'clock black
Alum/witch hazel gel
Superdrug forest fresh

First time with this blade, second with the Aristocrat, best and smoothest shave yet. I don't have many of these blades and they don't seem to be particularly readily available.

vdcJAYP.jpg

MRGLO
Aristocrat #16 (Unusual Nickel Head)
Gillette Silver Blue
MWF
Duke 2 Pure
Krampert's Bay Rum

Fantastic shave for my graduation day!

This Aristo came in a strange leather covered case and has a nickel plated head. There was a discussion on the American site about it recently after another member found one a few days before mine.

Friday S O T D
Back from my travels and a chance to try some of the items that I have acquired since joining this great site and community.
Todays shave was with all new to me items Razor Brush A/S TOBS Cream and bowl (Well old coffee cup) lathering.
As you will all have seen my posts and I have mentioned that my technique has been improving all the time (Practice makes perfect and all that) well todays results were just fantastic.

Razor Merkur 38c Barber Pole
Blade Wilkinson Sword (Used before in EJ89)
Brush Finest Silver Tip (German made allegedly)
TOBS Lemon and Lime Cream (Used before with Chinese badger and EJ89)
TOBS A Superb Gentleman's Aftershave.
Result absolutely fantastically clean smooth shave.

From just one shave I can see that the weight of the Merkur is so right for me almost no pressure at all on the razor 3 passes NO TOUCH UPS I had to feel all round 2 or 3 times to be sure. I feel today that I have arrived at where I want to be in the shaving stakes.

So the Merkur will be my bench mark, it just felt right from the first stroke, I have some other items on the way but for now it will be the Merkur and a variety of blades, with the W/S as the starting point.

Friday 06-21-13. MUSIC: Roxy Music.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=RD02DLkQacBRjyk&NR=1&v=u2OA_XDH29s&feature=endscreen[/video]

e498103e-9abb-4e48-a4a2-1ed95730c8ff.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran 28X56 blonde badger - Feather all stainless - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Gibbs Nr.53 - Alumbre - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Health & Aloe C.R.G. - ASL Royal Copenhagen.

Friday (two day stubble):

Prep: Lynn Abrams method (hot towel, lather, hot towel)
Soap: Il Coloniali Softening Shaving Soap with Mango Oil
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Super
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather ProGuard
After: Alum and Barbershop (Sunburyboy93) Bay Rum

First use of Il Coloniali soap - lovely fragrance!

First use also of Cobra. I used a three times used in my Artist Club SS blade and got a truly sensational shave (thanks Rob for the tip!).

Probably one of the best shaves ever! Really pleased with this new razor - it sings as it cuts through the stubble!

David

Eddie Jobson certainly brought something else to Roxy; terrific player.

I remember seeing him at a local social club in the NE when he was about 16 in a band called Fat Grapple.

I saw Roxy on the promotional tours for For Your Pleasure, Stranded and Country Life but I haven't seen BF or Roxy since. I really ought to make an effort.

Heady days - we were so far out we were coming back again. Or so we thought.

Slow Shaving said:
Friday 06-21-13. MUSIC: Roxy Music.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=RD02DLkQacBRjyk&NR=1&v=u2OA_XDH29s&feature=endscreen[/video]

e498103e-9abb-4e48-a4a2-1ed95730c8ff.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran 28X56 blonde badger - Feather all stainless - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Gibbs Nr.53 - Alumbre - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Health & Aloe C.R.G. - ASL Royal Copenhagen.

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: DR Harris Windsor
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black/Indian (3)
EdT: DR Harris Windsor

Friday 21st June

povi.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Simpson POLO 10 best badger brush
Gillette Aristocrat 66
Gillette 7 o'clock sharpedge (yellow) (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Another fine shave very comfortable. It's been a while since I used a 7 o'clock yellow a fine efficient blade in this razor.

Brian

Evening, everyone.

Friday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Yuma, shimmed
Blade: Dorco 300 (7)
Brush: The Soap Shed Super Badger
Shave cream: Super Max Ultimate
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Nautica Voyage

Close and comfortable.

Prep: warm flannel
Brush: vulfix 404
Cream: TOBS Jermyn street
Razor: Merkur 34G (Astra SP #3)
Aftershave: Superdrug forest fresh and Speick Asb

Been struggling a bit recently with weepers and nicks so went back to basics and had a great shave tonight.

Back
Top Bottom