Tuesday 19th July 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ernst Scharff Rapide
Blade: Rapide
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap: Boots Vintage
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Miller Harris Le Fumee

This is not a very comfortable razor to shave with. By using the blade in another razor I have established it is nothing to do with the blade, in fact the blade is superb and in my L'Essor it shaves great and feels like silk, it is the configuration/geometry of the razor head. The blade sits just less than 1 mm short of the very ends of the comb so the comb is just a safety feature no more, you are shaving right on the blade, the comb might not as well be there, then the gap is pretty large. This is a really odd shave, it is fiercer than a straight razor but it is nearly impossible to cut yourself, the closeness of shave is first class it just feels as rough as a bears arse to shave with but it does not give me a sore face..... odd as a box of frogs!

Regards
Dick.

P1010711.JPG

How hot is it???
Time for a COLD shave.
Cool shower
Proraso green Pre
NSS Signature Ice and Slice
RazorRock Barber Plissoft
Seygus Brass Head on @Satanfriendly Custom Brass handle
Lab Blue [1]
Aqua Velva AS
Mont Blanc Legend Spirit EdT

28337435971_415f581322_c.jpg

I don't think the brass head is anymore aggressive than the standard aluminium heads, but it does feel a little smoother?
Great shave any way... Many thanks to Chris for loan of the razor and handle, a gent ;)

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage 1964 rebranded Macys silvertip flopmeister fine for creams
'Statan'/Schick Plus/Super Platinum NOS 1969
Coates rose SC older version in small tubes
no aftershave needed
Mancera 'Aoud Blue Notes' EdP

One of my favorite sharp and very forgiving old blades....down to maybe 25 left. The shaving cream makes aftershave unnecessary. Nice stuff, even though the pleasant rose note scent is a bit subdued.

BBS results,

Martin

Was very lucky to receive an iKon X3 slant head from Connaught shaving today. I prepared myself for an aggressive shave, so armed it with an Astra green blade.

I was very pleasantly surprised, had a rather decent shave that was not aggressive at all. 2 passes with minimum effort and dolphin smooth. Complete set up;

Pre shave: Wickham's face soap
Razor: iKon X3 slant
Blade: Astra green
Brush: Cadman Silvertip
Soap: Cashmere 1912
AS: Trumpers WI Limes

Hot Towel, OSP UKWSS Soap, Cadman 26mm Silvertip Brush, RazoRock Bazooka, Astra SP (8), OSP UKWSS Splash

A lovely cooling shave this morning, and the blade is smooth as butter. Day 8 and improving!

upload_2016-7-20_6-48-19.png
Hot Towel, OSP UKWSS Soap, Cadman 26mm Silvertip Brush, RazoRock Bazooka, Astra SP (8), OSP UKWSS Splash

A lovely cooling shave this morning, and the blade is smooth as butter. Day 8 and improving!

• Wednesday 20th July 2016.
  • IMG_20160720_064059.jpg
    • My shaving recipe of the day.
    • tepid warm shower: Palmolive soap body soap / dove face & hair shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.
    • Razor:Jagen David B30.
    • Blade: Wilkinson sword (original) (1)
    • Brush: Wilkinson Sword (finest bristle)
    • Cream: Palmolive (classic) +4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
    • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
    • Witch Hazel.
    • A/S Alcolado Glacial mentholated splash lotion.
    • Today i used the Alcolado again to give me a cool kick to start the day, my david Jagen performed wonderfully with the wilkinson sword blade...have a wonderful day.:)

Back
Top Bottom