Wed 20th July

Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic Soap
Ever Ready " Jewel"- in Chrome Box
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Alum-Styptic
Lea Classic A/S

My Best Ever Cut
With a great set up for a good shave, all was going well until near the end. For some unknown reason I managed to move the razor slightly sideways at the end of a stroke on the point of my chin. Rather like striking oil-a gusher ! An hour and a half later, despite use of styptic and tissues still bleeding.

Just goes to show , over confidence can lead to a fall. SWMBO has stepped in and saved the day. she has applied steri strips across the cut , and that has stemmed the flow. Apparently these are used in lieu of stitches on small cuts/wounds.

IMG_0757.jpg

Last edited:
p1NJskUh.jpg

My scent of choice yesterday, was a sample of Original Vetiver from Creed that I've had for ages. Love this stuff!

Hotish shower
Myrsol emulsion for starters
Saponifico verasino Dolomiti black (sample from Shavedash)
L'Occtaine Plisson brush as my TSR 2016 brush is having another day off!
kai captain razor loaded with feather pro light for my cheeks, neck and jaw
ATT S1 loaded with Ladas blade (first shave)
Thayers tonic
Myrsol emulsion for afters (2 coats)

Another BBS shave. The new SV soap is wonderful, great thick lather and smells devine. The Ladas blade was very smooth with no nicks in sight.

Went with a hybrid razor this morning with and another try with ESC products and a bit of a lime theme...

Face wash - Musgo Real Lime Soap
ESC Lime pre-shave oil
ESC Natural Shaving Cream
Razorock Plissoft brush
Braveheart handle + EJ DE89 head + Voskhod (#1 shave)
Lea after shave lotion
GFT Lime Skin Food

shave.jpg

Overall not a bad shave.
The Frankenrazor worked great - i really like the combination of the extra weight and grip that the Braveheart handle provides, plus the reliable smoothness of the EJ89 and Voskhod.
As for the pre-shave oil and shave cream...I've tried this combination several times now and with razor/blade combinations that I have used with other products, however, I always seem to get a little more burn with the ESC stuff. I'm not convinced that the pre-shave does much and while the cream lathers pretty well in a bowl, it always seems a little thin, no matter how much I whip it up or how much I put in the bowl. (It's advertised as requiring only a pea-sized amount). It simply doesn't seem to perform the same way as my 'go-to' prorasso and MWF soaps. It definitely gives a close shave (it feels really good 1 hour after the shave) but I'd like to feel just a little more protection. Luckily, my lime Skin Food sorted out the burn quickly.

(I'd also like to mention that I have bought several products from the ESC and been really pleased with most of them and the excellent customer service - my comments on these particular shave products are not a reflection on the company. I'm sure that others will find the ESC pre shave and shave cream work well for them.)

- Gentle shave over irritation from last night -

(After a - near perfect - evening Braveheart shave, I applied home made shave talc with a really rough brush that left me looking like a zombie recently admitted to a burns unit)

-Gillette Fat Handle Tech
(British, post-war oblong pins. It came in a two tone Bakelite "Gillette" travel box, the nearest I can find on "Mr.Razor" is 1947. First time I've used it. Very mild & smooth.)
-Feather (2)
(I've now got two trays of 100 Feathers with two dots on them - signifying 2 shaves - and another tray with 150 in single dots. Anyone want a 100 "Face stropped" Feather blades? o_O )
-Tabac + Vie-long Hog & Horse
(I forget how good Tabac is. I keeping meaning to buy the brown & black vie-long horsehairs, but cash strapped...)
-Witch hazel, Rose water, Lavender water
(Straight out of the fridge, perfect for a day like this)
-Arko Yagli ("Fatty") Balm
(Is this stuff an oil or is it an animal fat? Again, straight out of the fridge )
-Old Spice Champion & Duru Limon cocktail
(Put it - almost - everywhere, but on my face)

20160720_155026.jpg
Proraso for the humidity today..
Pre: Shower and pre-shave
Brush: Semogue 1470
Soap/croap: Proraso Tub
Razor: Gillette Superspeed W1
Blade: Feather
Post: alum block, Thayer's, Proraso green A/S and pre-shave cream again
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion edt

Music: 'Disintegration Loop 1.1' William Basinski.

Face felt like Mr. Freeze after all the Proraso-ing. Hope everyone's well...

Back
Top Bottom