S.O.T.D. Saturday 16th July to Friday 22nd July 2016

La Toja cream
FS 28mm Pur-tech
Gem Clog Pruf
Gem Personna
La Toja AS

Roughest shave I've had for a while. Resorted to using an alum block as there were so many weepers, but it slipped out of my hand straight into the toilet [emoji15]. This seems to be a razor of extremes for me. Either extremely good or extremely rough. Some technique perfecting required [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friday AM 2016-07-22

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Shavemac Butterscotch D01 2-Band Silvertip (26mm/54mm)
Boellis Panama 1924 shaving soap
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Corinthian
Perma-Sharp Super (4)
RazoRock R-160 Sweet Almond aftershave balm

I love this setup. The brush has the softest tips of any D01 I have owned, and the shaving soap is fantastic.
8QVkafL.jpg

Y
My Proraso brush is stamped omega on the bottom so I believe that omega are the manufacturers and Proraso market it under their name.
I could be wrong, if I am I'm sure someone will correct me and if I'm wrong I will be happy to be corrected.
I think you have a limit of 50ml as far as the lotion is concerned at the airport but again I could be wrong!

Needs to be less than 100ml (I think). The Proraso white a/s lotion is 25ml...so I should be OK.

Thanks for the advice, though ☺.

La Toja cream
FS 28mm Pur-tech
Gem Clog Pruf
Gem Personna
La Toja AS

Roughest shave I've had for a while. Resorted to using an alum block as there were so many weepers, but it slipped out of my hand straight into the toilet [emoji15]. This seems to be a razor of extremes for me. Either extremely good or extremely rough. Some technique perfecting required [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the old 'using-wet-hands-to-hold-an-equally-wet-alum-block-only-to-have-it-smash-on-the-bathroom-floor'routine a few days ago.

Prep - Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Gillette Fatboy
Blade - Perma-Sharp Super (#1)
Brush - Shavemac Raptor 26/52 DO1 3 Band Bulb
Soap - The Deal Maker
After - Pinaud Clubman A/S
Result - Dolphin Smooth

If Dior themselves made a Fahrenheit soap, it wouldn't smell as close as this is. Anyone who knows me, knows that Fahrenheit is my favourite fragrance, I doubt anything will ever beat it. This is it exactly, a perfect clone.
If anything, the scent gets more powerful when it's lathered, and the lather is truly up there with the best, as is the post shave feel. An epic product!

Hi Marco, how would you rate your timeless oc, it looks fabulous but how does it shave? Seriously considering purchasing one of these if they shave as good as they look. Thankyou.

Blademonkey,
I really like the Timeless. The craftmanship is top level and I am getting efficent shaves from it in a row. The shave is extremly close and there is a certain amount of blade feel present any time. The closest I can compare it with is actually the Blackbird which is a a nuance more agressive and a great razor too. At the moment I am using a KAI blade I personally rate relative mild and which IMO couples good together with the TR. Still there is some way to go and a learning curve to follow. There is not much difference between the OC and SB model from my point of view, I would rate the SB minimal less direct in feel perhaps. On the other hand handle weight and length are a true parameter. Using the OC with the 100 mm Windrose T-1 handle which I rate similar to to new TR handle, instead of the Timeless 1 handle for sure makes this razor even more direct and feelable a step more agressive so handle choice is a true factor with this razor.

All in all I think Timeless did a great job with their product line up.

Best Regards
Marco

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom