S.O.T.D. Saturday 1th JuneMay to Friday 7th June 2013 ...

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave (sensitive)
Soap: NSS soft, Vanilla (soap of the week)
Brush: Muhle 'HJM' Synthetic
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Gillette Slim @8
Blade: Gillette Yellow (3)
After: Barbershop Bay Rum, Bodyshop Arber ASB

Nanny's Soap Week Day 4

Done all my varieties of NSS so back round to the Vanilla soft soap for a second go.
This time used more product and created more than enough lather. Added some bicarbonate of soda to the water to attempt to soften it.
I think NSS is a bit like Ingram in that the lather seems quite thin but creamy/glossy and does provide a lot of glide which you wouldn't expect.

Easy shave but this blade was not really good for three shaves so didn't get a BBS but nice DFS, so I'm happy.

Friday 06-07-13. MUSIC: David Bowie - "Heroes" (1977).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvmmdmb9mNQ[/video]

5db691ae-a989-4c8f-9b16-3aeffccc5b15.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 2 best badger - Merkur 25C - Israeli Personna #5 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Geo F.Trumpers Coconut - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Aqua Velva.

Today's Shave (very experimental)

Pre: Hot towels then Village Barber Shaving Oil
Razor: CJB Kamisori (first use)
Blade: CJB (first use) then Feather ProGuard
Brush: NF Tubby 2
Soap: MWF Lathered in Steve Woodhead No.1 Scuttle
After: Alum Block then Prof Blighty's Lime Balsam

Found the CJB blade too aggressive and seemed to be tugging and scratchy. So much so that I took a pre-used Feather ProGuard from my Artist Club SS, put that into the CJB and it seemed a lot better. It will take me some time to find the right angle with the Kamisori whereas the Feather is really easy to use. Had a final (fourth) pass with Mergress XL just to clean up.

Face is stinging like buggery but smooth!

David

Friday

Gillette face wash
Proraso pre
Mitchells wool fat
New forest 1901 brush
Merkur progress (@3)
Bolzano blade (3)
Alum and witch hazel
Super drug forest fresh as

Good third shave but not as good as the first and second with this blade and the first time I have got a real good lather from MWF but even then the third pass lather was very sloppy.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, green
New Forest 1901, Nanny's hard soap, Cedarwood and Vetyver
ATT Atlas M1, Polsilver SI (3)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

I got something resembling a decent shave from the ATT... to its credit, a clean sweep with two passes and no touch-ups required. I think if I used this razor all the time I'd get to grips with it, but too much competition from the Progress, Weber and fatboy/slim

Friday 7th June

sotd7613.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Simpson 59 best badger brush
Gillette 1961 fatboy set on 6
Polsilver super iridium (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Close, comfortable shave very nice.

Brian

Birthday shave! Travel kit, but I like it. Erwin's kindly winging a very used SuperSpeed my way for travel purposes that I look forward to getting to know. I happily use cartridges - especially when it's as good as the Sensor - but it'll be good to have the option of a solid yet low-value DE for trips away.

Gillette Sensor (2)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Barbon shaving cream
Simple Rich moisturiser
Diptyque Volutes edp

Burgundy said:
Birthday shave! Travel kit, but I like it. Erwin's kindly winging a very used SuperSpeed my way for travel purposes that I look forward to getting to know. I happily use cartridges - especially when it's as good as the Sensor - but it'll be good to have the option of a solid yet low-value DE for trips away.

Gillette Sensor (2)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Barbon shaving cream
Simple Rich moisturiser
Diptyque Volutes edp

Happy Birthday Burgundy :icon_razz:
Brian

782sirbrian said:
Burgundy said:

Gillette Sensor (2)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Barbon shaving cream
Simple Rich moisturiser
Diptyque Volutes edp

Happy Birthday Burgundy :icon_razz:
Brian
Thanks! Half way to 50. ;)

Today's Shave

Feather artist club
Feather Super Blade (The ninja blade of death xx)
Kent BK4 Brush
Nanny's Gentleman's Shaving soap Nutmeg Spice
Old Spice Champion After Shave splash

Round 2

Stop creeping towards the edge of your seat I ain't dead:mad:

After a 3 pass shave...In fact it's all boring, no cuts,no bleeding,no nothing....just a......
BSS WTG :p I even put double the amount of splash on to see if I'd get pain, no nothing.

If your lurking and thinking about getting one of these razors you should know that you don't want to be lazy with it or your going to bleed more so with the super blades.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 6
merkur hd
mem super silver platinum
semogue 620
proraso green tub
4711 AS/ 444
oscar for men edt

a good, drama free shave. 3rd and final shave with the mem blade, hasnt felt sharp from the beginning but i do like it just for the fact i end up with no weepers and no irritation. thumbs up for mem.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
'Webly'/ Tungsten Personna 74 ( NOS 10th shave)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Neutrogena oil free moisture
Aramis 'Havana' EdT (old juice)

See now, this is the sorta boring everyday shave I have most days now. Using a favorite razor and a blade and an older version of the Surrey....a tallow based one. Probably my favorite all around soap. Very little scent but what's left is a fresh marine frag.

Using the razor pretty much like a cartridge with no feeling of the still very sharp blade on my face. Easy as shaving with a Sensor, but more fun. Actually, the Sensor requires some attention to detail......easy as a Mach3.

This old soap really does a good number on my face. Comparable to MWF or IK or whatever. Heh, I felt like spraying on something a little spicy and the Havana did the trick. A fragrance that was reintroduced and smells pretty much like the vintage stuff. Good bang for the buck with this stuff.

BBS results,

Martin

Evening, all.

Friday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ89 with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (7)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Kell's Aloe and Hemp, Black Tea
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Perfume Parlour's Neroli's Port

Another excellent shave completes a week's worth of top quality scraping. Polsilvers certainly work for me. The Neroli's Port was just right on a good, hot day; the bitter orange scent really lasts.

gK6sWvi.jpg

MRGLO
Bakelite Slant
Astra SP
Irisch Moos
Duke 2 Pure
Simpson's Balm

First time with slant - good results, but it'll take time to get used to the head angle.

Back
Top Bottom