S.O.T.D. Saturday 1th JuneMay to Friday 7th June 2013 ...

dodgy said:
John said:
D Day Shave

Remember the Fallen.

Man, that's a pretty dramatic picture there buddy. Took some thought putting that together.......thanks.

Martin
That is the highest complement I could ever wish for.:)
It was the least I could do however,they all deserve recognition for what they did, it's humbling to listen to the stories that my grandfather told when he was alive,and to think he volunteered to put himself in harms way.

THURSDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot rinse
Razor: Kai Excelia \ Mergress long handle
Blade: Feather Proguard (3) \ Feather (2)
Brush: Neep Jasper Aztec
Soap: T&H No 10 cream - scuttle lathered

A week of claret ended with another couple of weepers but I think I'd opened up old wounds. Need a couple of days rest.

On the plus side, this cream is damn good with a really nice 'fresh' scent. It smells a bit like some hair tonic my Grandad used to have.

Very muggy tonight. Should have cold water shaved really.

Tall_Paul said:
THURSDAY EVENING

A week of claret ended with another couple of weepers but I think I'd opened up old wounds. Need a couple of days rest.

Your shaves sounded more like whittling lessons. I am sad for your 'new' and less bumpy face.

Mart

As I stated in another post, today I decided to commemorate D Day in my own little way by shaving with only British products.
Nannys rubbed into the 3 day growth to soften it while I showered with the last of my Nannys bathroom soap (is that the correct term?)
Lathered up with a home made brush, (unfortunately the knot is not from this land :-( )
Nannys Eucalyptus and tea tree soap
Gillette Rockt HD ( as nobody wants to release me from it)
Scottish Perma-Sharp
Followed by some lemony AS stuff that Hairsuite made (god only knows from what but it smells nice)

Another very good shave followed by a wee braaii for the familly.
A very pleasant evening indeed

daz said:
As I stated in another post, today I decided to commemorate D Day in my own little way by shaving with only British products.
Nannys rubbed into the 3 day growth to soften it while I showered with the last of my Nannys bathroom soap (is that the correct term?)
Lathered up with a home made brush, (unfortunately the knot is not from this land :-( )
Nannys Eucalyptus and tea tree soap
Gillette Rockt HD ( as nobody wants to release me from it)
Scottish Perma-Sharp
Followed by some lemony AS stuff that Hairsuite made (god only knows from what but it smells nice)

Another very good shave followed by a wee braaii for the familly.
A very pleasant evening indeed

Daz, you are a Gentleman indeed. You love the Scottish Perma. Yet you are still willing to GIVE them to those in need.... As for the AS, a cheeky blend for which I have the full recipe..... ;-)

MÜHLE R89 Grande
Croma Diamant
MÜHLE Silvertip Fibre
ToBS Jermyn Street Cream
Bulldog ASB

Quite a few nicks, second use of the Croma and I'm not that impressed with them. Also, my Jermyn Street seems to have changed consistency. It's slightly denser and more runny at the same time, it wasn't like that originally. Odd.

Nice early morning shave:

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: NF Tubby 1
Razor: Weber DLC / UFO Red Bronze Goliath XL

Lovely BBS shave two small blood spots otherwise all good. I think I've final settled on Proraso and DR Harris as my go to products.

Greetings

Friday 7th June 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM 1912 Baton Handle
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Cream: La Toja Sensitive
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Super easy close shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04407.JPG

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: William Rodgers "The Favorite", restored by Jamie
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3 in Best
Soap: Nanny's French Lavender (hard)

This razor probably is my favourite, in fact, not because of how it shaves (though it does shave really rather well now) but because of the kindnesses of which it reminds me.

Friday vii June, 2013

Prep: Hot shower, Savon de Provence Shea Butter Soap
Pre: Cold Water Splash
Brush: Kent Infinity Silvertex Synthetic
Soap: Palmolive / La Toja frankensoap
Razor: Merkur 46C Travel Razor
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver Stainless #3
ASL: Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa EdP

Result: A fine end to the week's shaving activities. The Polsilver will be good for one more shave I think. I great blade for me.

All the best,

Jon

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Hive by Simpsons
Razor: Hibbard, Spencer
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Cade
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very., very clean :D

Very good razor, above the ordinary Solingen blade, I think.

Morning all,

Usual shower prep
Proraso Green Pre
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Gillette Super Adjustable
Perma-Sharp Blade
Vulfix 404
Forest Fresh A/S

I found a tube of BS Maca Root whilst having a cuboard clearout, forgot how much of a lovely cushioned shave it gives !. Nice and smooth 3 pass.

slim (4,4,4)
nf 2213
cella

polsilver SI (2)
witch hazel
aloe vera moisturiser

nice 2nd shave of the month. i thought i'd go mild with the slim and enjoyed it immensely.

no photo today as my laptop lies dead on the garage floor with a hammer stuck in it. time for new equipment.

Back
Top Bottom