S.O.T.D. Saturday 1th JuneMay to Friday 7th June 2013 ...

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: G Towa T 6/8"
Brush: Neep #1156 cocobolo chubby 24mm extra silvertip
Soap: Trumper's West Indian Limes

Very nice.

2nqz0n9.jpg

Pre Marsella soap + TOBS Shaving Shop shaving cream + Semogue Caravela + Weber Bulldog ARC with Croma + TOBS Shaving Shop sample with La Chinata balm

First use of this Caravela brush a bought to a friend some time ago. It has a really firm knot with soft tips, very pleasant for facelathering. It should have an high badger percentage, as I didn't see any boar "feel" in my face. At the time it was produced it had a really good value for money, but current mixed hair model (SOC 2012) are really expensive... for a few bucks more you can get a pure Finest SOC 2 band.

Anyway, a fine shave, I like much this TOBS range and about the Weber probably would be the one I'll use for a dessert island, hehe

Cheers!

Prep face wash L'Occitane sandalwood soap
Razor vintage Fon Golden Star full hollow 13/16
Strop Kanayama cordovan #8000
Brush Rooney Heritage Stubby 2
GFT Coconut oil shaving cream
Alum & Witch hazel
Kiehl's aftershave balm
Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de parfum

No matter how many times I use or handle this razor I'm always knocked out by it's quality and finish, I wish I had more, but one must not be to greedy and keep ones razor lust under control.

f7317f57-850a-4046-a468-4ca5cce8dde2_zps819ad1a3.jpg

D Day Shave
June 6, 1944, Staff Sergeant Matthew Baker 3rd platoon of Fox Company.

imageradd.jpg

Gillette Tech
Gillette Blue Blade
Kent BK12 Brush
Nanny's Shaving Soap Grapefruit & Lemongrass shaving soap

I snatched a quick shave before I wrote a letter home, I think that blade was a dud!!!

Dear Beth
We've been in England for ages now,the lousy English wether,its always cold and damp. We've had a bad patch of wether just lately, so top brass postponed the invasion until it clears up. Yesterday we got our orders that a brake in the wether would be here for today so it's finally on.

We'll be jumping from the C-47 intel is good, the Germans have heavily defended the beaches, and will fight with every thing they've got! That won't help our task of clearing the murder hole's, and landing sights for our gliders, they've put tree trunks in them so we've got to clear them before they can land.

God I hope every thing goes well, I've got 12 men to look after, just how bad its gonna be,and if any of us make it back home I guess we'll find out, give my love to Rose.

Matt xxx

wwwwargraves446.jpg

Remember the Fallen.

Thursday 06-06-13.

86219b2b-8381-4584-bc59-507e73b513f0.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Merkur 25C - Israeli Personna #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Geo F.Trumpers Rose - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASB Herbissimo - ASL Aubrey Organics City Rhythms.

Prep: Cold Water, Nivea Sensitive Face Wash
Soap: Speick
Brush: Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Voskhod (3)
EdT: Lalique Hommage a l'Homme

First shave using my newly acquired Speick soap and balsam. Mightily impressed!

Warm shower
Proraso pre, green
New Forest 1901, Nanny's hard soap, Cedarwood and Vetyver (soap of the week)
Merkur Progress (#2.5), Polsilver SI (2)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave soother

I needed a trouble-free shave after yesterday's narrowly averted bloodbath... so I put the Titan R1 away and got the Progress out. Lovely shave and I'm feeling very pleased with myself now.

The soap of the week behaved impeccably

Cold shower
Klar Kabinett SS (used as shave stick)
Muehle synthetic silvertip
Merkur 37c w Astra
Proff's Peppermint AS
Weleda ASB

Lovely herby shave. Klar delivered nicely, although not as solid as some of it's German counterparts, but few can match the likes of Speick and Tabac when it comes to performance.

Thursday 6th June

sotd6613.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Kent BK8 brush
Gillette bluetip superspeed (made in England)
Polsilver super iridium (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Comfortable easy shave today, the bluetip mild but fine with the Polsilver. I shall use a different razor with the blade tomorrow.

Brian

My skills must reaching new levels: When I first received the iKon 5 pack I'd tried the straight bar once and immediately put it at the back of the cupboard – way too scary. The open comb became the only configuration I'd use (the OSS is too mild). However, recently I've found the open comb a little too mild, so today I thought why not…

Lovely shave.

Brush: NF Tubby 1
Cream: Trumpers Coconut Oil
Razor: iKon straight bar
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless
Cold water rinse
After Shave: DR Harris Pink

Great start to the day and then I find out some f&&&er has nicked the car from the driveway :mad:

Just a quick one this evening....

Gillette Slim, with 7 o'clock yellow
NF Tubby1 in super 2 band
La Toja cream
RSC asb

Not bad and one nick - that'll teach me to rush.

Truefitt and Hill No. 10 shaving cream
Henk walnut silvertip
Fatboy (nickel plated) on 4 with Schick Ultra Platinum (3)
Truefitt and Hill No. 10 post-shave cologne balm

Great. The shaving cream and balm work really well. Very happy with their performance. The No.10 smell is pleasant but not something I can get excited about.
Blade still good but its next shave will be its last.

Back
Top Bottom