S.O.T.D. Saturday 20th May to Friday 26th May 2017

Barbus
WR1 + Stork EX3 titanium

34004734664_85526a5fc3_b.jpg

My shave this morning passed in a blur of anger after hearing the news about Manchester. Many hours later and my anger has not really abated.

A little girl, aged 8, died at the hands of a coward who purports to represent a whole religion in a holy war, he doesn't. He represents a group without a moral compass, a group who consider kids at a concert a legitimate target in their "war". They do not have the courage to show their faces and spout their ridiculous and disgusting theories and doctrines though a mask to retain their anonymity. If you have the "courage" to stand up for your belief, have the courage to do so publicly and not behind a mask.

I cannot imagine the pain that the families of those who were murdered last night are going through, but my thoughts are with each and every one of them.

Rant over, sorry

Tonight's de-whiskerIng,

Hot bath, Nivea Sensitive Wash
No pre shave cream or oil
EJ DE89L/Astra SS/3
RazoRock 400 Plissoft Noir
Derby Menthol cream(should be called plain)
Hot/cold rinse
BBA Post Shave Balm
Davidoff Adventure EDT

My second shave without any pre shave cream or oil. I don't know why I have omitted them but it has shown that they do make quite a difference and I will be remembering to use them in future.
The Derby cream makes a protective, shiny peaky lather and seemed to give decent protection.
I felt let down with the lack of proper menthol fragrance. I thought it would be more like Ingrams. That said, it did a good job and I'll use it again.
The BBA Post Shave Balm rubbed in a treat, it's non greasy and smells good enough to eat!
Three pass shave has left my face and neck as smooth as can be.

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said about those poor souls who lost their young innocent lives in Manchester last night.
it saddens me deeply that these atrocities continue to happen, and there seems to be no way to influence the perpetrators minds to cease these mindless acts of barbarity.
I was at a works conference today, and we all stood for a minutes silence to show our respect for the victims and their families.

Last edited:
e45452baf23477ababe1446a5e23cb34.jpg

Pre: Barney Kenet 2:1 soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: : Valobra stick
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Modern German Schick Premium (1)
Balm: Argo Neo Gold

Shaving talk takes a back seat to the horrific events in Manchester, the birthplace of my Father and Grandfather. Thankfully all my relatives are safe, but the mood in Manchester is one of shock and anger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOTD

Pre: Gentleman's Groom Room Shave Prep+
Soap: Stache Soap Works Liam Cruz
Razor: Fatip Grande
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (2)
Brush: Gentleman's Groom Room Seillean
A/S: Fine L'orange Noir
Balm: Stirling Unscented

Brilliant soap from Stache Soap Works - Grapefruit, mandarin & lime. All the proceeds from the sales of the Liam Cruz line of products are going to help Rodney Mcalpin and his family care for their son Liam who has been diagnosed with autism. Thanks also to @Ian T at The Gentleman's Groom Room.

IMG_4855.JPG

Last edited:
I echo the thoughts and best wishes of others, surrounding today's abhorrent events in Manchester. I hope that time is a healer for all concerned. I too, am still angry.

Tuesday's shave.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap followed by BBA Shave Oil.
Razor - ATT SE1 (Bamboo handle).
Blade - Captain Kai (Mild) Pink (Day #1).
Soap - Gentleman's Groom Room Essence of Scotland Sweet Gale Traditional Shaving Soap.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Cold water splash, followed by Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave After Shave Massage and Organic Aloe Vera.

A good shave, only now do I feel any stubble coming through, in places. I almost wish that it was a bad shave this morning, as my OneBlade (v2) arrived this afternoon, and I am looking forward to trying it. Will have to wait until tomorrow.

The Captain Kai (MIld) Pink blade, for me and I appreciate that YMMV, is mild and forgiving yet efficient - tames the ATT SE1 making this a very efficient, comfortable shave.

I hope that no one here was directly affected by today's events.

All the best,

Chris

Thank you @Digimonkey
One more to try, the Bic 1 and I'm done. Will pick the best of the three to use as a carry on baggage razor.
Bic 1 - Coate's - Merambelo - Aqua Velva​
V1Wu0M8m.jpg

Out of the 3 disposable razors I've tried during the last couple of days (Bic Metal, Gillette Blue II, Bic 1), the one that gave me the closest and smoothest shave was the Bic Metal. It will be my razor of choice when travelling on flights and only carrying cabin baggage.

Sotd - 23/5

Razor - Progress (4)
Blade - Polsilver SI (3)
Brush - Semogue 1305
Soap - RazoRock Emperor
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Fine Platinum
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - great - I smell like Aventus for under £30. Only joking - I don't. Good shave though. The Polsilver just got better on outing three. Recent RazoRock tallow soaps work well for me and I like the scent of the Emperor. Paired with the Fine - an excellent choice. My 1305 is properly, properly broken in. It's a fantastic brush at any price. After reading chat here recently about the use of allum - I skipped using it tonight, I hadn't done myself any damage that would obviously require it. Might be a future in the idea. Annoyingly - as I was shaving tonight - I realised my new razor and soap will probably arrive tomorrow and I'll have to wait two days to try them. Bugger. Enjoy your shaves. I.
@Blackmass

Tuesday

The beard is gone!

LEA cream
Semogue 2012 SE Boar/badger
FaTip
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Alum
Speick AS

Clean as a whistle, but it feels very strange after months with a beard. The beard wasn't super long, but I wanted to see how the FaTip coped without trimming first. The answer was that it mowed through. Plenty of rinsing needed but it coped manfully.

Sotd - 23/5

Razor - Progress (4)
Blade - Polsilver SI (3)
Brush - Semogue 1305
Soap - RazoRock Emperor
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Fine Platinum
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - great - I smell like Aventus for under £30. Only joking - I don't. Good shave though. The Polsilver just got better on outing three. Recent RazoRock tallow soaps work well for me and I like the scent of the Emperor. Paired with the Fine - an excellent choice. My 1305 is properly, properly broken in. It's a fantastic brush at any price. After reading chat here recently about the use of allum - I skipped using it tonight, I hadn't done myself any damage that would obviously require it. Might be a future in the idea. Annoyingly - as I was shaving tonight - I realised my new razor and soap will probably arrive tomorrow and I'll have to wait two days to try them. Bugger. Enjoy your shaves. I.
@Blackmass

It will be worth the wait. Which scent do you prefer, the Fine or the Razorock attempt at Aventus? Cheers for the tag.

3mQ5O1v.jpg

Today I kept my focus on the Asylum, Semogue 1305 and Castle Forbes Lavender cream...

It was just horrible to see the news unveil yesterday evening... I'm honestly without words. I'm just afraid this is the new normal, this becomes our hideous routine. My heart goes to the families that were affected by this...

Back
Top Bottom