S.O.T.D. Saturday 20th to Friday 26th sept

No picture today but shave as follows.
Pre: Shower and Noxema
Soap: Nanny's Silly Soap 'Signature Bamboo and white grape'
Brush: Vie-Long Horse
Razor: Kropp 6/8 finish with 1966 Gillette slim Adjustable #4
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue #2
Strop: Invisible Edge standard plus.

Not a very smooth shave today, I dont know what happened but the lather from Nannys was terrible, very dry and thin once applied to the face.. was it the Noxema? or more likely me? or even maybe my brush needs cleaning?

I had a heart stopping moment when my adjustable slipped out of my hand and onto the floor and bounced in slow motion. Upon examination it seamed on, no cracks or dents and the bars looked even... Phew... I put it down to that padded non slip flooring that was installed when the wet room went in.

Despite the lather issues I made 2 gentle passes with my kropp on cheeks and the straight parts of my neck, not wanting to tempt fate, I finished with my Gillette.

A Socially acceptable shave this morning ending with a thank you to the shaving gods for protecting my adjustable from harm.

Jim

In my experience of using Noxema as a pre-shave, it's a claggy mess that would kill Fairy Liquid applied neat - that last bit is conjecture.

When you use Nanny's Signature, there really is no need for any pre-shave after your good prep. It has all the slide, glide and protective qualities as well as moisturising your skin.

Better luck tomorrow - after ditching the Noxema!

I shaved with Noxema foam yesterday - it really is the best of goos (along with L'Oreal if you can find it) - and not a patch on Signature.

Gillette Fusion Pro-Glide
Kent Infinity Silvertex Brush
Faena Unscented Shaving Soap

I'm fairly certain that I haven't used any other soap since the Faena arrived.

Ian

Greetings

Monday 22nd September 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Joseph Elliot 6/8
Brush: Semogue OC Boar
Cream: T&H No. 10
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Cerruti 1891

Half a step backwards this morning, my prominent mole took another 'hit', I believed I had mastered shaving over it. My only consolation was that it was left handed on the backstroke against the grain my weakest part of straight shaving thus far.

Regards
Dick

Bechet45 said:
In my experience of using Noxema as a pre-shave, it's a claggy mess that would kill Fairy Liquid applied neat - that last bit is conjecture.

When you use Nanny's Signature, there really is no need for any pre-shave after your good prep. It has all the slide, glide and protective qualities as well as moisturising your skin.

Better luck tomorrow - after ditching the Noxema!

I shaved with Noxema foam yesterday - it really is the best of goos (along with L'Oreal if you can find it) - and not a patch on Signature.

Problem is my lather has been suffering the last couple of shaves, I am going to clean my brush, as I don't shave every day it should be clean and dry by the time I am next due a shave, also have an omega brush on its way so we will see. Failing that I will go back to basics and relearn lathering :p For now though, Noxema has been relegated to the bottom drawer.

Jim

Prep: N Spa men face wash
Brush: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth ebony synthetic bristle
Cream: Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian limes
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock green
Razor: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth barley chrome

It's nice to get back to familiar stuff. Although I got back from holiday 12 days ago I carried on using the same kit until the Boots No 7 gel ran out last Friday.

Prep- Tepid water splash
Soap- Barrister & Mann Adagio
Brush- SOC
Razor- Valet VC4
Blade- Feather [1]
Post- alum, B&M Kyovu AS

Three pass shave producing a dfs, the soap leave a slight menthol tingle and the aftershave is super! :icon_razz:

Monday 22nd September

SOTD22914_zps0c6335da.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Mike's Barbershop bowl lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette Fat Handle Tech (Made in Canada)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Aqua Velva Musk aftershave

Monday

Afternoon, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (3)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave cream: Super Max
Aftershave: Ice Dive
Cologne: C&S Citrus Paradisi

IMG_6808.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
Wickham's Super Smooth Spice Trade
Kent Infinity Silvertex
GEM Contour Hybrid
Feather Hi-Stainless (2)
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Old Spice Original Aftershave

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

Quite a combination, the Feather in a Contour.

The keen eyed amongst you will be thinking, "Contour Hybrid" ... "that's simply a Contour" but look closer. You've spotted it! It's a flip-top head (rather than a Pushbutton) on a metal back, taking the Contour and placing a Contour II head on it - a sort of "missing link", if you like.

Murdock pre shave oil
Kent cream
Simpsons colonel
ERN 'the fisher' straight
Floid suave
[attachment=11729]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411414774930.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411414774930.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom