Zenith 506U TS
Haslinger Honig
GEM/Ever Ready Push Button
GEM SSC #2
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Electrif's Bay Rum
Gillette Pro 3in1 Balm
lZJBgMO.jpg

The Haslinger soap was birthday gift along with the Zenith brush. I didn't care much for the plastic container it came with. Too small to get an efficient movement of the brush, so I pressed it into one of my larger pots. The honey scent is obscenely good, the soap lathers by just looking at it and it has the super slickness I like.

Shave well!!!

21dis60.jpg

Brush: stirling Finest Badger Fan
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable 'F3 - 1985' w/ Polsilver SI (1)
Soap: Stirling Soaps Mountain Man

My first shave with the Super Adjustable and my first with a Gillette adjustable snce my Slim a few years ago. I found this much more efficient and comfortable, maybe because of the longer handle? My first experience with a long handled razor. Played it safe with blade choice and plucked for a blade I know well, a Polsilver SI. I didn't want my first experience to be a Shark that I am unsure of.

The pre-shave made a return after a day off yesterday, the soap was superb as one can expect and a little fragrance will be added later when I go out running a few errands. Lovely start to the weekend.

Glyce Soap Musgo Real
Semogue 1305
EUFROS Premium Vetiver de Haiti
Wilkinson "Sticky"
Permasharp Super
Thayers Rose Petal
ASL Williams Aqua Velva

85zXAus.jpg

The smoothest shave I've ever had since I started this adventure of wet shaving! The "Sticky" is really a smooth operator hehe The Permasharp blade is very sharp but coupled with the "Sticky" I was able to get a DFS with zero irritation or cuts. I found that the optimal angle of the "sticky" was a bit more acute/closed than my other razors, but once I got it the shave went smoooooooth as a hot knife through butter...

I want to take this chance to thank @Dreamer and the TSR forum for giving me this opportunity of enjoying this gem from another era, as I bought this razor from @Dreamer through the BST section of our forum. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Last edited:
Greetings

Saturday 22nd April 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Unnamed French
Blade: Kampfe Bros. Star
Brush: Vulfix 404 / L'Occitane Plisson Knot
Soap: Vitos Extra Super
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
Aftershave: Val Cleef & Arpels Tsar

I have been away for the last couple of weeks in Fuerteventura getting a bit of sun, during that time I shaved daily with either the R41 (2013) or a Fatip Piccolo, the first time for years I have shaved daily with DE razors; whilst I had some wonderfully close shaves I managed to cut a prominent mole on my face on day two and aggravated it by re-opening the nick every damned morning! This morning was the first shave I did not, no doubt because of the gentler, skin friendlier hollow ground blade.

Regards
Dick.

22.4.17.JPG

Full English Shave:

SOTD_20170422-1024x768.png

• Pre-Shave: Hawkins & Brimble
  • Safety Razor: Edwin Jagger - R35611SR - Ebony / Nickle plated
  • Blade: Cloud
  • Shaving Brush: Hawkins & Brimble (Boar)
  • Shaving Bowl: Polish Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: Hawkins & Brimble
  • Alum: De Vergulde Hand - Alum Block
  • After-Shave: Hawkins & Brimble - ASL

Saturday 22nd April 2017
SOTD 22nd April.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Hydra Power Face Wash and Proraso white
Razor: Schick L1
Blade: Schick Japan (#3)
Brush: Hans Baier Silvertip
Soap: Haslinger Seaweed
AS: Davidoff Cool Water As lotion, balm and EDT.

ES pre shave
Merkur 42c/ Astra(2)
SV 2.0
LA Shave Soap Co Woody Lavender (sub: SV Stella Alpina)
Alum
L'Occitane Cade a/s balm.

Debuted the Woody Lavender, which was a kind PIF from MPH,...so disappointed, I didn't get on with it.
No matter what I did I couldn't get a lather to last,..add more soap, whip it up, paint on, within a minute the lather had almost disappeared., 3 re-lathers before one pass completed.
Lathered up the SV and away we went. The Italian thoroughbred kicked the ass of the American muscle car.
Good shave, but there was quite a bit of burn due, I would imagine to the lack of protection during the first pass.
Have to try again with that one before considering a PIF.:-(
The Cade balm calmed a lively alum rub down followed by a body splash of Guerlain pour Homme......Good save!

Back
Top Bottom