S.O.T.D. Saturday 22nd April to Friday 28th April 2017

View attachment 24855 SOTD 22nd April

Razor...Thiers Arminius 6/8ths
Soap...OSP Bay Rum
Brush...SOC Boar
Post...Thayers Lavender
A/S...Extro Bay Rum

My first run out with this razor after acquiring it from @Benz3ne , thanks Ben.
How did it shave? Well, very well indeed, it has a keen edge on it and I had a great shave right up to the end when I was getting a little cavalier with it and it bit me on the chin but apart from that it was a cracking shave, the blood loss was slight and was stopped with some alum. A good splash of Extro Bay Rum and I was ready to go.

Have a good weekend people.....:)
It Should Do..I Honed it..Its a Great Shaver..:D:D

Billy

DSC_0733_zpswg4sjfc8.jpg

DSC_0521_zps42dywsu7.jpg

Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
C. Myers & Sons Sheffield Full Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Phoenix & Beau Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I Had a Late Evening Shave with My C. Myers & Sons Sheffield Full Hollow 6/8th..I Finished this Razor on My Newly Acquired Coticule..It has Some Blood Like Veins Running through it..This Particular Barbers Finishing Coticule Does Live Up to the Legendry Reputation of what I Would Describe as a Mellow Buttery Smooth Edge whilst being Keen Enough to Deliver a Smooth & Close BBS Result..o_O

I Like this Stone..I Like the Edge..I Found it as Easy to Use as a 12 K Naniwa Stone..I Had One of My Most Comfortable & Closest Shaves to Date..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy
Lovely looking blade, as bright as a new pin.

SOTD:23rd April 2017.​
B.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien~Men: Tropical blast Shower Gel & Shampoo / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Boots: Freshwood Brushless Shave Cream .

Brush: Semogue 1470.

Face Lather.

Soap: Arko Shave Stick .

Blade: Super-max Super Platinum.(1)+ shim

Razor: Sharpy England R44.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut: Alaska A/S.

Morrisons Moisture Lotion.

Greetings,
After yesterday's phenomenal shave experience, i'll try my best not to compare it to the rest of my shaves this week, as we all know,DE shaving results don't always go to plan and resulting in sometimes bleeding experiences!:eek:..Another experimental shave using my homemade shim, which gave the Sharpy England razor some extra efficiency resulting is a 3 pass +pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report..2 passes would have been anough to finish the shave off, but for the sheer enjoyment i carried on with a third. Enjoy your sunday,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
image.jpg SOTD 22nd April

Old Spice Sunday.

"You'll become yourself, you'll find success , Old Spice, the mark of a man."

Razor...Pal adjustable
Blade...Schick #5
Soap...Old Spice...Shulton
Brush...Semouge 1305
Post...Thayers Lavender
A/S...Old Spice...Shulton

A fabulous shave with my Pal this morning, what a great razor, as great as the Old Spice products I was using.
Feeling smooth and smelling fantastic!

Have a relaxing Sunday.......:)

View attachment 24885 SOTD 22nd April

Old Spice Sunday.

"You'll become yourself, you'll find success , Old Spice, the mark of a man."

Razor...Pal adjustable
Blade...Schick #5
Soap...Old Spice...Shulton
Brush...Semouge 1305
Post...Thayers Lavender
A/S...Old Spice...Shulton

A fabulous shave with my Pal this morning, what a great razor, as great as the Old Spice products I was using.
Feeling smooth and smelling fantastic!

Have a relaxing Sunday.......:)
+ 1 0n the Semogue 1305..this brush has became my favourite face latherer.;)

You've had plenty of time to save up then for what it's likely to have cost? Ha ha. Re-plated I presume? Beautiful razor. Cheers - I

You're right, reconditioned and re-plated.It's hard to resist when the voices in your head are telling you to pull the trigger, after all it was only a razor I was aiming at. :D

2zs0eie.jpg

Brush:
Omega 50068 'Bambino'
Razor: Hone Type 15 w/ Shark Super Stainless (2)
Soap: Le Savon des Volcans Mint

A very refreshing and cool start to my Sunday, the soap of choice today is half a shave stick I had grated into a small terracotta pot formely containing a creme brule, perfect size but you need a small brush, hence the Bambino being used today.

A different kind of shave today, I did a three pass shave 'North to South', not baby smooth but a very acceptable shave. The closeness reminds me of a shave with a several times used cartridge. I was curious so tried it. The Shark blade was alright in the Hone, I can't give it a good evaluation due to my change of shave.

Back
Top Bottom